Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Avon trailrider  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: Avon trailrider
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »
Sweet, Thanks guys. Just found a pair for 149.99 quid delivered.. ordering now :028:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:03:16 PM by Maxrock »
2013 Tiger 800 ABS. MTC end can running TCMT Hybrid map. Night Eye LED lamps. LED pilot light. LED indicators. Explorer handgards. Shorty Triumph levers and other bits and bobs 😊

Offline SJW

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »
Hi, Where did you get them from?  Good service?
No experience is ever wasted.

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by SJW [+]
Hi, Where did you get them from?  Good service?

Hi I got them from M&P on Ebay.co.uk. They are listed for the tiger 955i but the size is the same as the Roadie, service was good, answered my questions promptly and shipping was quick too. They are based in Wales.

Cheers
2013 Tiger 800 ABS. MTC end can running TCMT Hybrid map. Night Eye LED lamps. LED pilot light. LED indicators. Explorer handgards. Shorty Triumph levers and other bits and bobs 😊

Offline Satansjester

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Maxrock [+]
Hi I got them from M&P on Ebay.co.uk. They are listed for the tiger 955i but the size is the same as the Roadie, service was good, answered my questions promptly and shipping was quick too. They are based in Wales.

Cheers

This almost seems too good to be true? 150 for front and rear?
I've just seen these on there
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-1200-GS-Adventure-2011-TrailRider-Tyre-Pair-110-80R19-150-70R17/262087898858?hash=item3d05a7f6ea:g:4DUAAOSwefVZmB~6

Does it not matter about it listed for the bmw so long as the sizes are the same?
I might have to order some at this price, I'm looking to replace my seven year old 100/90 Avon road rider front, and my rear (only four years old, but with cracking all round both sides).
I'm hoping the radial change will transform the bike.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Satansjester [+]
Does it not matter about it listed for the bmw so long as the sizes are the same?

That is just marketing. Tyres are not bike specific only size specific. Buy the correct sizes and you will be fine.

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 10:27:31 AM »
Like K1W1 said Just check the size is correct (Although I did email them to be sure  :001:  )
You won't be disappointed these are fantastic tyres, they felt great from the off and give me more confidence then my PR4's 100% road tyres did.

I've had them on light gravel/dirt roads and they are great...get them on the tarmac and they are superb! nice and gripy.

Offline Satansjester

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 11:03:22 AM »
Thankyou for the replies.
I have Avon road riders on atm, the rear has cracking and the front is seven years old, and is a 90 cross ply.
I love my tiger, the previous owner put maxton front shocks and a Hagen rear upgrade, but I always felt the turn in on corners wasn't great.

I used to have a 600 Fazer then a thundercat, and that initial turn in, as you drop it into a bend and just smoothly ride it through was my absolute favourite part of biking, and I was a little disappointed that the tiger didn't give that feeling.

Knowing what I know now (thankyou tiger forum) the fact that the front tyre is too stiff and not the best profile for road riding may well explain that, and does to some extent make sense of how cornering has felt so far.
I am not a fast rider these days, never was tbh, I enjoy smooth and relaxed bends but with a savage drop-in to cornering, but I used to live at the bottom of the Macclesfield to Buxton "cat and fiddle" road so I was always spoiled when looking for fun, but I had three seperate "offs" where I literally walked away from each without a scratch, I'm talking Bruce Willis in "Unbreakable" unscratched, and I'd seen and heard enough to know I'd had my luck and then some, so I took a break.

I returned to biking after 9 years, older and wiser, I'm hoping the 110/80 front will transform cornering for me on the tiger, and after this first year back biking, regaining confidence before literally having the bike transformed by a tyre change, I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
I'd junk that front on age alone.  Surprised it would pass an mot now.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Satansjester

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
I'd junk that front on age alone.  Surprised it would pass an mot now.

My mistake for not looking closer, it still has loads of tread, I don't think it had a lot of use before i had it.

I actually mot'd it on Tuesday, I mentioned the tyres, especially the rear cracking to the tester, he said so long as it doesn't have any canvas showing it passes, doesn't mean it's safe, of course, just that he has no legal justification to fail it.

Recent Topics