Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puck Mount  (Read 125 times)

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Pro
  • Alun
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Puck Mount
« on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:33 PM »
Hi

I don't know about you, but I don't like the permanently attached foot extenders for side stands. In my humble opinion they raise the bike too much towards vertical when used on hard ground where a bigger foot is not necessary. Plus some fall off.

So, I modified my universal puck and made a little puck mount.  The mount attaches to the frame tube, just under the rear of my seat (where I can reach it) and places the puck right where you need it when you find yourself parking on dodgy ground. In some cases I reach back and take it off the mount, whilst still sitting on the bike, and drop it down by the side stand. I can usually shuffle it under the stand with my left foot. Failing that, at least it is immedately to hand when I get off. No searching around for it in the top box or tool tube whilst holding the bike.

I just had to drill and file a little keyhole to fix it in place.

It looks like this:

You're never too old to have a happy childhood :-)

Past Bikes: Panther 600, BSA Bantam, Lambretta TV 175, Lambretta GT200, AJS 125, Suzuki Gladius, Honda NT700. Present: Triumph Tiger 800 ABS

Recent Topics