Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CNC machined foot pegs on "Roadie"  (Read 507 times)

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
CNC machined foot pegs on "Roadie"
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »
Has anyone fitted the Triumph CNC machined foot pegs on there Road bike  :261:

I would be interested to know if they are any lower than the standard set-up and if you end up feeling more vibration because there's no rubber damping  :187:

I realise they are designed mainly for off road work (extra grip), and are wider which makes standing more comfortable, but are they a benefit on a road bike where the only standing I really do is for stretching my legs once in a while  :465:

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
Re: CNC machined foot pegs on "Roadie"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:28:51 AM »
Ahoy... I have them on my '17 XRT. A WOT bargain of less than 30 if I remember correctly. First generation pegs do fit.

As for being lower, I think they could be but not by much, I took the rubber inserts out of the original pegs on purchase, for improved grip, and I can't say I ever feel any vibes.
I do find the after market ones more comfortable and it makes standing up more stable too.

Hope this helps... cheers

Offline odum666

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
I have them on my xrt. I dont feel any vibration. Much more stable when standing up. I bought a set from world of triumph which are for the early models but they fit my 2015 bike. Was on sale so be quick
when you sit on a sports bike you feel special...when you sit on an adventure bike you feel something special is going to happen!!

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »
I've just fitted them. They look very pretty and feel comfortable. Wouldn't have bought them for the original price, but at 25 or so, I thought it was worth it.

It was a slight PITA fitting them, as the pivot pin on the R/H one wouldn't go past the brake pedal, but to get the brake pedal off, ideally you wouldn't have the footpeg on as it gets in the way of accessing the fixing bolt.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Buckr

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
The ones for the XRX are 150  :087:. The only difference, it looks like, is they have hero pegs on them !! I fitted the pre 2015 XC ones to my XRX(low) but measured and drilled/tapped the new ones for the hero pegs. Job done !

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »
On my XRx, the non-hero-blob ones I bought (A9770037) seem to scrape at pretty much the same lean angle as the standard pegs with slightly shortened hero blobs that they replaced.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
I've just fitted them. They look very pretty and feel comfortable. Wouldn't have bought them for the original price, but at 25 or so, I thought it was worth it.

It was a slight PITA fitting them, as the pivot pin on the R/H one wouldn't go past the brake pedal, but to get the brake pedal off, ideally you wouldn't have the footpeg on as it gets in the way of accessing the fixing bolt.

Just done exactly the same as they were on a special low price, really pleased with the look, haven't had chance to try them yet. I was hoping they would fit my Bonneville also but the bracket is a different shape......still looking

Recent Topics

winded-staunch