Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch cover gasket tiger 800XC  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Clutch cover gasket tiger 800XC
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »
Yeah, a small ball peen hammer is ideal
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger800xc
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 11:44:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
It would be beneficial to apply some jointing compound if possible.
The same goes for the gasket paper v a cornflakes box, better to use gasket paper but if not available any port in a storm.
Another tip is to use a very small hammer, I use one for fitting window panel pins, small and easy to tap the paper to cut through it but do no damage to the alloy cover

Thanks Turbo, will do. Have to wait now for the clutch to arrive. Then it's cornflakes time...  :169:
Thanks Vince  :031:
www.rideliveexplore.com  f Ride Live Explore 

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 11:48:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Yeah, a small ball peen hammer is ideal

Thanks RTWO Waiting for clutch to rrive so have headed up into the mountains. Will also look and see if I can buy a small ball peen hammer. Should have put one in my tool kit. But 4W have said that I can borrow their tools so that should be okay.
Many thanks Vince :152: :152: :031:

Offline NORTY

• Tiger Master
  • RiderCoach
  • Bike: 2012 800XC
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 01:52:25 AM »
Might want to use a mallet instead of a ball pein hammer. The cutting edge of the case is soft alloy.

Not sure about the cereal comments. Maybe using the box to fab a gasket?

Just went out to garage, where there's 2 Tigers. Checked the thickness of my 2012 XC clutch cover gasket. Looks to be about .020".

You might be able to source a gasket from an auto parts store. Well, the gasket material to fabricate a proper gasket anyway.

Good luck with it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:00:46 AM by NORTY »
MSF RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!) :)

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 02:18:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by NORTY [+]
Might want to use a mallet instead of a ball pein hammer. The cutting edge of the case is soft alloy.

Not sure about the cereal comments. Maybe using the box to fab a gasket?

Just went out to garage, where there's 2 Tigers. Checked the thickness of my 2012 XC clutch cover gasket. Looks to be about .020".

You might be able to source a gasket from an auto parts store. Well, the gasket material to fabricate a proper gasket anyway.

Good luck with it!

Thanks Norty.

Just received the Barnet clutch yesterday evening. I also managed to get some gasket material, from an auto supply store.  I have a mallet in the toolkit of the bike. Still have some adjustment left on the clutch so am gonna just get out of here. It's raining and freezing cold. Am high up in the mountains.  :190:

Will also look for a dealer that has an oil filter and change everything at the same time. I also have an address where I can one sent to from E-bay, but it's a bit away.  Really a bummer that Triumph have pulled out of Colombia. Rumour has it they were not happy at the amount of bikes that were being sold. Also that they want the importer/dealer to be a one make only.... but those are just rumours.

Thanks for the tip Norty, much appreciated, stay safe...... Vince  :031:

www.rideliveexplore.com   f Ride Live Explore

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:19:57 AM by tri-vi-la »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch