Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch cover gasket tiger 800XC  (Read 928 times)

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger800xc
Clutch cover gasket tiger 800XC
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
Hi.
I am in Colombia with a failing clutch. Have ordered a Barnet replacement one, but am having problems finding a clutch cover gasket. A friend sourced a Tiger explorer one part number T1261430. It is from a 2012 Explorer. Anybody know if it will fit a 2014 tiger 800XC It's a long shot I know

Triumph are no longer active hear in Colombia so have no help there.

If I can't find one will have to get one made, if so does anyone know the thickness of the original one.

Thanks.... Vince  :418: but the clutch doesn't  :001:

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Clutch cover gasket tiger 800XC
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:44:48 AM »
I can't see that one fitting

Can't you get someone to get one and mail it to you? if you're stuck, I'll do it

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Mav

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:34:57 AM »
If all else fails, you can make one yourself.

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 01:37:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
I can't see that one fitting

Can't you get someone to get one and mail it to you? if you're stuck, I'll do it

Thanks a million RTWO, I really appreciate it. I could do that but it would take a while to get here and I don't want to stick around Bogota for to long. I am gonna buy some gasket material and either get one made or make one myself.

I have the use of a garage from a canam and quad dealer.

Thanks for your offer..... Vince :031: :031:

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:40:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mav [+]
If all else fails, you can make one yourself.
:031:

Hi Mav, that's what I will end up doing. Thanks for the video, super. Will first try to get some gasket material before resorting to cornflakes.  :084:

Thank you Vince  :031: :031:

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by tri-vi-la [+]

Hi Mav, that's what I will end up doing. Thanks for the video, super. Will first try to get some gasket material before resorting to cornflakes.  :084:

Make your own, I have made hundreds when I was in my youth, didn't have any spare money to buy new.
Take your time, tap out the bolt holes first and pop a bolt into each hole as you tap them out, that will then give you a better chance of it being accurate when it's compleat
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Mav

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 10:21:37 AM »

Make sure you eat the cornflakes first  :492:  :152:

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
Make your own, I have made hundreds when I was in my youth, didn't have any spare money to buy new.
Take your time, tap out the bolt holes first and pop a bolt into each hole as you tap them out, that will then give you a better chance of it being accurate when it's compleat

Hi Turbo,
Thanks. Nice tip about the bolts. I don't think that I can get blue Hylomar here. Bolts will hold everything in place while I tap. Does tapping also work if I use gasket material???

A silly question but If I use a gasket either from gasket material or cornflakes do I still have to use liquid gasket compound or something like that as well??

Thanks.... Vince  :062:
www.rideliveexplore.com  f Ride Live Explore 

Offline tri-vi-la

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mav [+]
Make sure you eat the cornflakes first  :492:  :152:

Wooooow glad you told me....  :047: :008: .... Wonder who will start a new topic on which is better, cornflakes, rice krispies or weetabix....  :002: :001:

Thanks for all the help Vince

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
Hi Turbo,
Thanks. Nice tip about the bolts. I don't think that I can get blue Hylomar here. Bolts will hold everything in place while I tap. Does tapping also work if I use gasket material???

A silly question but If I use a gasket either from gasket material or cornflakes do I still have to use liquid gasket compound or something like that as well??

Thanks.... Vince  :062:
It would be beneficial to apply some jointing compound if possible.
The same goes for the gasket paper v a cornflakes box, better to use gasket paper but if not available any port in a storm.
Another tip is to use a very small hammer, I use one for fitting window panel pins, small and easy to tap the paper to cut through it but do no damage to the alloy cover
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch