Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tour de France route  (Read 775 times)

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
Tour de France route
« on: June 24, 2018, 12:00:49 PM »
I am trying to work out how to plan or copy part of stage 9 of this years Tour de France. Cambrai to Roubaix is the part I am interested in. I have a Tom Tom Rider and have done routes before using TomTom MyDrive. There are several maps available online showing this stage but how do I convert those routes into GPX files? Any sites worth looking at? I downloaded 'tyre' but it does not work on a MAC.
One Life. No God. Live It.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Tour de France route
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
If you can't find a .gpx file of the route online, you could use something like MyRouteApp to create it and save it

https://www.myrouteapp.com
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »
Well, that was a bit of a faff. I managed to do it in the end - many thanks for the info! MyRoute came in handy there and I was able to create a section of Stage 9 in the upcoming Tour de France. I am over there a week yesterday. As well as a general bimble around Northern France on the Tiger, I can now (thanks to you) ride the part of stage 9 I was particularly keen on. Cheers again rtwo!

Offline muddyrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCA 800
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 05:24:52 PM »
The one I use to create routes online is https://www.motogoloco.com/map/
Caters for Garmin  Tomtom and GPX and KML , so covers Quite a range to send to your mates sat navs. and a bonus it free..
Aprilia 650 Pegaso, Kawasaki KLX 300 ,Honda CRF250X and Honda Fireblade

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
I like the sound of that muddyrider! The above mentioned was a 'trial version'. Worked fine but in two weeks they will be after my cash. Will certainly look into that, cheers!

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
Well, having returned just on Saturday, I can report it all went well. Interestingly, the Tour de France can go wherever the hell it likes. This translates to trying to navigate the wrong way down a one way street etc. We managed to ride 13 of the 15 sections of cobbles but in 30 degree heat, I had enough when just 5km or so from the ultimate destination - I needed beer! Now looking forward to the TV coverage to see if the Tour really does follow every little twist and turn!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it  :001:

Great stage today for those using leg power too  :001:

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »
It was a blast! I heard the winner of this years 'Paris-Roubaix' Peter Sagan had an average speed of 27mph over the whole race, including the cobbles. I only managed an average of 18mph and I was on a motorcycle!

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »
You weren't one of the camera bikes then?
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
No! But it looks like fun - sort of. They have their work cut out, especially on the mountain stages.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch