Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rust on the frame after just 14 months  (Read 2252 times)

Online ZenDog

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCX
Re: Rust on the frame after just 14 months
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
It was for a different issue but they said contact the dealer and if their response was not satisfactory get beck in touch.

Offline RoadWarrior

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »
I had the exact same issue with mine, it was put right under warranty but it's not the best.

The bike is now about 16 months old and has 11k on it. I've had quite a few problems with it, however it's still the best all round bike I've had so I'm hoping that I'm over the worst of it now.

Offline restandplay

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCx
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »
Hi

Update Triumph themselves have been good saying that they will ask the dealer to rectify to problem locally but the response from the dealer I honestly can't understand quite how bad they are.  Four phone calls and with each a promise to return the call but they never have. Two emails again no reply. My patience finally run out on Friday and I told them exactly what I thought of their customer service and the action I would take if they did not get their act right. Result they are collecting the bike on Monday. Hopefully they will turn up. As I have said Triumph have been very professional and I am confident the problem will be sorted it just a shame the dealer has not got their act together. I run a business myself and know how important communication is even if it is only to advise the customer that they are dealing with it and will phone again on XXX with an update etc.

Derek
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:08:00 PM by restandplay »

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
Would love to know how a small portion can be repaired.  Can you powder coat just a small area rather than the whole?
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Offline lanerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »
Hi we have a dealer here in  Yorkshire   I will not name them there service is very bad they dont pick up the phone when it rings they say they have stuff in stock which they dont I will not use a slack dealer I take my bike to another dealer that is a hour drive I get a first class service and they have everything I need in stock and a cafe this is a sole dealer that only deals in triumph the other one has two franchisers you proberly know who it is and best avoided

Offline RoadWarrior

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:27 PM »
Best of luck with the repair,  mine was of only passable quality but that was down to the individual contractor that did the work.

I've found yet more quality issues with mine,  the 12k service involves pulling the front and rear suspension. all the seals in the rear linkage where not pushed fully home and left cocked off at funny angles.  as a result all the bushes and seals are showing evidence of premature wear. not to mention the air left in the brakes from the factory.

Nothing surprises me about the poor assembly of this bike anymore.

Offline Captain Crazy

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC-R
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »
Seriously ... [restandplay], your going to trust the services of a dealer you've had to chase up and threaten?  :138:

If they do do anything,I can envisage the results now ... a basic dollop of mismatched Hammerite paint simply splodge over the effected area in a haphazard fashion and probably carried out by the shops 'tea boy'?  :084:

Given the runaround they have given you so far, I'd be inclined to stand over them as they carried out the repair so they can't fudge or bodge it! 

And if you've been talking to Triumph .. how did they say it would be 'fixed' anyway?  As Kildareman says ... you can't exactly carry out a localised Powder Coating repair?  :110:

CC     
TIGER 800XCR - ''BLACK on BLACK''

Online Stelyn

• Tiger Pro
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
Hi Derek  re - "shame the dealer has not got their act together",  living in south Kent  I  guess the `Dealer ' concerned is local to your area.     I had similar issues  with a particular Kent based franchise, during my ownership of a  Trophy SE, as did some of my fellow Trophy riders , and as such I (and they ) subsequently travelled  the extra mileage  from Kent into Hastings , Sussex ,  where we agreed ,we all got a far better attention and customer service, including rectifying issues under warranty.  Albeit we bought the `Rides ' in Kent .
As a result when I recently bought my XRx   -   I bought from the  Sussex dealership...... :001:
Hope you get it sorted.
 Steve       :031:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:46:21 PM by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline Dirtbag

• Tiger Member
  • Your motorcycle is more important.
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 06:30:20 AM »
I understand your concern , A little sanding and some spray touch up should do it ,like others have said. You know what they say if you want it done right ? Do it yourself. As you bike wears and gets older there will be a lot worse things that will happen with normal wear and tear on you bike. ( dealers tend to laugh at little things like that , often they are trying to figure out more major problems like what to do about a blown engine or major electrical issues on a bike that they can not find a cause for ) Good luck

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Master
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 09:23:09 AM »
I remember this problem when I worked at a place that did powder coating, i recall the operator saying he switched something to get in the corners.

https://www.pfonline.com/articles/breaking-through-the-faraday-cage
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics