Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Got numb hands?  (Read 12737 times)

Offline Jonny2001

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: Got numb hands?
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Alchemist [+]
I get numb hands as well on the XC.  I'll wait until I install the heated grips before doing anything about it.  I definitely want some kind of throttle lock.  Bar end weights can sometimes help too.

I've been noticing some vibration too and I was wondering if weights might help. I'll probably look into them some time. The Weights on the Versys seemed rather well designed, but I know they'll be stupid expensive since they're OEM parts...

Offline Zeus44

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
I had a carpal tunnel operation (to correct a blood flow restrictioin causing pins and needles) on my right hand a few years ago and was told that my left would most likely eventually need the same op I had no problem with it on a Honda 250x, a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce and a Suzuki Bandit on the Tiger my left hand goes numb within 10 minutes of riding even with the lightest of grips. Until I read this thread I was considering another op!
Zeus44

Offline CSAW

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2012 Blk XC ABS
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by rugby536 [+]
I also noticed that at about 80mph my right hand mirror is perfect but the left hand has a but of vibration on it, I can still see something is behind me but it is slightly fuzzy.

Noticed the same thing.  Thought I was nuts. 

My right hand gets numb also but it does on any bike.  I don't hold on too tight.  I think it is more to do with my back or shoulders or something.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
Sometimes get numb but only the mornings.  Your blood is thicker then.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Scrambler

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »
I had the same problem, I changed gloves, riding position, gripped tight, gripped lose ( moved bars back and forth) nothing worked . Then I slowed my average speed down a little and the resonace frequency of the bike changed and I have no issues re numb hands. About 10mph should do it.

Alan :300:

Offline racer 84s

• Tiger Member
  • riding & racing Triumphs for 60 years
  • Bike: Tiger 800-
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 01:57:05 PM »
My numbness went away when I put on the ROX RISERS and could try different handlebar height-position.
ken allaman

Offline Panos69

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
I got numb hands (more specifically "needles" in the palms) after about 2-3 hours of continuous riding yesterday...

This is an important issue and I got to deal with it the soonest possible... There is a significantly strong buzz in the handlebar.  :155:

I will start experimenting with the cheapest option first i.e. by adding rather heavy handlebar weights (200 gr) to see if this will make any difference.

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
Got numb hands?
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Panos69 [+]
I got numb hands (more specifically "needles" in the palms) after about 2-3 hours of continuous riding yesterday...

This is an important issue and I got to deal with it the soonest possible... There is a significantly strong buzz in the handlebar.  :155:

I will start experimenting with the cheapest option first i.e. by adding rather heavy handlebar weights (200 gr) to see if this will make any difference.

Pano, you mentioned in another thread you're pretty tall. I would look into some risers first and rotating the bars a little. The trick is to find the position that is natural and doesn't put a lot of weight on your palms. Also a throttle rocker helps me for longer rides so I don't have to squeeze much.

Offline Panos69

• Tiger Master
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
Yanni, thank you for pointing this out!

I now have the handlebar in the "default" position.

Would it help (in my case) to reverse the risers as a first step? Will this bring the handlebar closer to me?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:50:16 PM by Panos69 »

Offline steve

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: trump/duke s4rs
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
dont know if handgaurds are your thing or not but after adding barkbuster handgaurds to mine the vibs stopped think its because thay bolt from the end of the bars back to near the middle

Recent Topics

winded-staunch