Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting Givi Top Box Adapter  (Read 939 times)

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '66 800 XRX
Fitting Givi Top Box Adapter
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
My Givi top box adapter for my Monokey E52 arrived yesterday.  I have ordered a 17mm drill bit for the big holes but thought I would fit the mounts and drill some pilot holes to confirm locations before drilling the full size holes.

Not sure how much weight this will take!

Holes drilled and locations are pretty good.  About 1mm out which I can adjust for when stepping up through drill bit sizes to the full size.

:)
2016 Roadie called "Betty"

Online Nick_2112

• Tiger Master

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
Re: Fitting Givi Top Box Adapter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
Thanks. :)

Yeah, I ordered a reduced shank bit from UK Drills on eBay.  It was about three quid including the delivery. Should be here before Friday.

Offline Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »
I was under the impression that there are markings for the holes you need to drill underneath the plastic tailpiece??

Offline Telstar

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:09:06 PM »
Pizzarepairman your are correct there are 4 marks on the back of the triumph plastic plate you drill them and it fits perfect I have done this myself and can confirm it is correct.
My Bikes- Suzuki AP 50 YAMAHA RD 250 Honda XL600 Honda CB 400 Four Suzuki GT 250 Suzuki GSF 650 Harley Davidson Sportster 883

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »
Oh, cool, thanks for the information guys!  My marks were pretty close to those but I wasnt certain which is why I made the template.  When I re-drill I will use those marks. :)

Offline Gasman

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 07:29:06 PM »
I used a universal Givi plate and fitted it to the the existing grab handle points using longer bolts and spacers. A good solid fit.

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Waiting
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
I have recently installed the Givi plate to my 2018 XCA and used the marks on the underside of the plastic cover.  However, I found that one of the holes was slightly off centre with the plate, not my drilling error I hasten to add!  So be mindful they may not line up 100%, best to use a template.
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
Thanks

The template is the Cardboard Aided Design in the first photo and I am in no rush so want to get this right.  Going to step up through a few drill bit sizes before the final (I am using a drill press so that's easy!) size so can adjust as necessary while drilling. :)

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »

All done!  I found the marks were a couple of mm out but a bit of fettling with a round file and its all good. Happy with that and doesnt look too bad.  Will probably look awful with the SW Motech panniers I am getting at the weekend but itll do for the moment!

Recent Topics