Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TriTun service manuals  (Read 1248 times)

Offline tiger800rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
TriTun service manuals
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:33:38 AM »
Read in another Triumph forum that you may not be able to download the service manual on TriTun like in the past.  Has anybody recently tried to download parts or all of the service manual on Tritun.net?

Thanks,

Pete

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: TriTun service manuals
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »
Isn't that site just dealers only?

Offline tiger800rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:30:34 AM »
No, anybody was able to download items such as service manuals and service bulletins for an hourly price.  I downloaded the manual for my XCx but it was a lot of work since you could only download one small section at a time.  I read in another forum that Triumph may be discouraging that practice.  Guess I'll have to try and see what happens.

Online Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 08:25:24 AM »
Don't think anything has changed.  :027:

BTW there's also a Firefox addon available that accelerates the download process. Its basically just a download accelerator but it really speeds it up. You still need a legitimate Tritun account and you also need the latest Firefox to use it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tritun-downloader/
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline tiger800rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Thanks.  I did use the downloader and it did download the manual effortlessly and quickly but I had some issues with photos being split between 2 pages and sections possibly corrupted or missing.  I wanted to go back to Tritun and see what the formatting should look like.  Not sure if it was just my experience or not.  You can easily get the manual downloaded with this add-on in much less than an hour and I don't have very high internet download speeds.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Don't think anything has changed.  :027:

BTW there's also a Firefox addon available that accelerates the download process. Its basically just a download accelerator but it really speeds it up. You still need a legitimate Tritun account and you also need the latest Firefox to use it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tritun-downloader/

How is the Firefox addon that accelerates the download process initiated? Do you have to load/access the TriTun site via the Firefox browser, I usually only use Goggle, and will the addon activate automatically of do you have to do/click something to initialise it?

Online Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 04:41:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
How is the Firefox addon that accelerates the download process initiated? Do you have to load/access the TriTun site via the Firefox browser, I usually only use Google, and will the addon activate automatically of do you have to do/click something to initialise it?

Yes it will only work in Firefox, you cannot use the Google browser (Chrome).

A download icon will appear in your Firefox URL bar when visiting a supported page at Tritun. You can click the icon to download all the linked PDF or HTML files:

Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:17:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Yes it will only work in Firefox, you cannot use the Google browser (Chrome).

A download icon will appear in your Firefox URL bar when visiting a supported page at Tritun. You can click the icon to download all the linked PDF or HTML files:

Thanks

Have installed the latest Firefox browser and also the Tritun add on, see attached.

I have not yet tried to do a manual download but as has been suggested played around with the free to download Owners files, which is just basically the tyre and tyre pressure info. However, there is no add on download icon in the toolbar, see attached. So I am a bit apprehensive about paying a subscription until I know the add on is actually working?

Should I see the add on download icon in the toolbar even with the Owners files or is the add on still working at all?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 10:22:17 AM by sprint »

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 11:22:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
Thanks

Have installed the latest Firefox browser and also the Tritun add on, see attached.

I have not yet tried to do a manual download but as has been suggested played around with the free to download Owners files, which is just basically the tyre and tyre pressure info. However, there is no add on download icon in the toolbar, see attached. So I am a bit apprehensive about paying a subscription until I know the add on is actually working?

Should I see the add on download icon in the toolbar even with the Owners files or is the add on still working at all?

Have got it working now.

Recent Topics