Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New HD 1250cc ADV  (Read 2190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »
Arthur late again I suppose.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Zaphod

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1023
  • Bike: 800XC, Fazer 600
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
Arthur who?

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 03:05:50 PM »
Dent
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline gordybrock

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 250
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2012
  • Location: Chorley UK
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
Dent...Yorkshire Dales...a lovely ride out.   :008:
I'm from Wigan Me

Offline Londonglide

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Bike: xc
  • Location: LondonTown
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
When I look at the first picture, in my head I hear

 " Danger, Will Robinson"

There's something that just makes me think of the original series robot, looks like they used his tracked feet assy for the fairing....

Offline chico

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1002
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • Location: Suffern, NY, US
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
90% of all Harley Davidsons are still on the road......the other 10% made it home !!

It appears that there are many HD haters on this forum. To all the nay sayers I say bull .... I have a 2000 Fatboy since new, never gave me any problems.
I agree that is an ugly excuse for a bike but that's no reason to paint all HDs with the same prejudiced, uninformed remarks. :192:

Chico

Online Bikerjimbob

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 122
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
  • Location: NSW Australia
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
It appears that there are many HD haters on this forum. To all the nay sayers I say bull .... I have a 2000 Fatboy since new, never gave me any problems.
I agree that is an ugly excuse for a bike but that's no reason to paint all HDs with the same prejudiced, uninformed remarks. :192:

Chico

I agree with all you say above BUT a few years ago I went to Las Vagas and thought it would be nice to Cruise the strip on a HD plus go out and explore the local area etc,
had a road king classic for the day and whilst I had a great day out its one of the only bikes I was not sad to hand back to the shop, just didn't do anything for me at all.
But were all different which makes bikers and biking such a wonderful sport.
 :031: jim

Offline Londonglide

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Bike: xc
  • Location: LondonTown
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
I suppose that its the diversity of bikes that makes it interesting.
I had a 1979 FLH Shovelhead for many years, and it was big, heavy, slow, and expensive.
I enjoyed owning it, but it was the era that gave the HD the reputation it still struggles to shake.
Like most companies, they adapt and evolve, and there modern products are impressive.
I'm not overly fond of the look of the 1250 ADV, but it don't doubt it will deliver the goods.

Offline NORTY

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 762
  • RiderCoach
  • Bike: 2012 800XC
  • Location: CARLSBAD,CA.USA
Re: New HD 1250cc ADV
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 05:24:52 AM »
Chances are, the HD will be at a price point that is exceedingly high. So much so, that the project will likely die in a few years. Sad, but true.
MSF RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!) :)

 


Recent Topics