Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: of blast furnaces and stoppers that have no bite  (Read 944 times)

Offline monty

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCa
of blast furnaces and stoppers that have no bite
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:46:27 AM »
Greetings forum  2017 Tiger XCa 800 owner here in Thailand. Firstly what a bike.. WTF was I doing pissing around with 17" front wheels. Roads here are so so but 21" soak em up and bike corners better  and is more stable in corners that my Ducati Multistrada 1200.....
Ok my two issues are

1) Here in Thailand it hot .. bike is not overheating but man its like a blast furnace in traffic.... way hotter than my Ducati and even my old Yamaha FZ1..........is there anyway I can adjust activation temp of the thermo fan or add aux oil cooler  ?? Any ideas  other than dont ride in traffic appreciated

2) Front brakes definitely spongy.... I looked at the brake lines and they look like they are braided ( they are OEM)... but this maybe just cosmetic look.... changing brake lines / pads might help.. have read brake section on forum and EBC pads seems to be the consensus but has anyone put in proper braided brake lines as well.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance here
Rgds Monty

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: of blast furnaces and stoppers that have no bite
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:54:03 AM »
I fitted mew braided brake lines, 2 lines to the master cylinder and did away with the crossover line (3rd line) over the front mudguard, I've also fitted EBC HH pads, whilst the is a slight improvement over standard it's still not great (probably good enough for the bike though).

Some have changed the master cylinder for something else not sure if it was off a 675? and have supposedly had good results.

The best you can do for a small layout is change lines and pads but don't expect a vast improvement. 

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »
Pre 2015 you could use Tuneecu to adjust the fan start temperature.  Post 2015 you can't as there is an ecu lock which will at least flag any attempts to access ecu and possibly brick it.  No one to date has published working software for post 2015.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline monty

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
many thanks for responses.. I will look into brakeline kit and maybe look at having switchable by pass for the fan, just wonder with that if it would raise an error on the ECU....

Denali sound bomb and air hawk seat installed yesterday.. theair  hawk is great and helps the ole butt the  Denali paid for itself first time out when one of the crazy scooter fleet decided it would be good to sweep across 3 lanes of traffic without looking....

Offline monty

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 04:05:53 AM »
Ok, have decided ti get new braided lines and do away with the hoop crap and then get new master cylinder  Brembo RCS  Total Cost is around USD  530......
Thats with EBC HH brake pads as well.

On heat issue I wonder if removing the cat would lower temps some ... already have Akrapovic on the girl so it would be a straight through system.. there is a crown in Brazil that make 3-2-1 system or the Tiger 800... thoughts on this ?? Any issues with tuning / ECU setting  ??

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »
You only need one long hose. Tiger hoses are braided anyway.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Freddy2331

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
Monty,
Had to smile at your post. I am also on Thailand and just rode new XCA from Bangkok to Buriram. And yes....I cooked in the BKK traffic.

Also, I am looking at the Aprapovic pipe. Hows the sound compared to the stock 2018 pipe,
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:59:00 PM by Freddy2331 »
😀😀😀

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
EBC HH pads work much better and bite properly, the organic pads don't last very long and just don't seem to bite much when you really need them to  :028:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch