Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How your dash cam could land you a £9,000 fine ?  (Read 773 times)

Online Stelyn

• Tiger Pro
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
How your dash cam could land you a £9,000 fine ?
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »
OK,   so this is only  a `News Paper'  article, but can it possibly be  authentic  ?    :211:
  ( being circulated on, via my local Bike Club )

How your dash cam could land you a £9,000 fine or even see you jailed abroad - and the UK laws on recording the road  ( both Car's &  Motor Cycles )
    :211:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4992953/how-your-dash-cam-could-land-you-a-9000-fine-or-even-see-you-jailed-abroad-and-the-uk-laws-on-recording-the-road/

:187:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:59:59 PM by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
Re: How your dash cam could land you a £9,000 fine ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »
Very interesting !   :114:

However, how is this Tiger 800 related ?

The board description clearly states:

"General Tiger 800 chat, but NOT subjects covered in other boards. Topics in this board must be Tiger 800 related !"

Persistant offenders will quite simply have their ability to post removed as we're getting tied of moving topics around.

===========

Topic moved to "On two Wheels" board.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
For me I have never been a fan of dashcams on a bike for the very example mentioned. A two edged sword where it captures your 101% innocence in an incident (the up side) and the Police and/or insurance see you were speeding, though well before and in no way connected to the incident, and use that against you (the down side) ... suddenly they're claiming it as a 50/50 accident claim or worse.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Stelyn

• Tiger Pro
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »
Both sound advice and comment Stevie.P.......... :028:
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:59:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
For me I have never been a fan of dashcams on a bike for the very example mentioned. A two edged sword where it captures your 101% innocence in an incident (the up side) and the Police and/or insurance see you were speeding, though well before and in no way connected to the incident, and use that against you (the down side) ... suddenly they're claiming it as a 50/50 accident claim or worse.

...or, neither the police or insurance company are interested in seeing the footage to determine how you managed to wreck a car on the M62

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you donít quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
...or, neither the police or insurance company are interested in seeing the footage to determine how you managed to wreck a car on the M62

I'm currently up in '(H)ull' seeing my grandaughter and had the above conversation about this topic (and the various other country laws) with the son-in-law where I gave reference to your tyre incident as a positive point of a dashcam ...... clearly not by the look of it.  :232:

If I'm totally honest a dashcam in my car wouldn't be an issue, I 99% stick to the posted speed limits. On the Tiger, in town/city riding, again I 99% stick to the posted speed limits (so many cameras) ..... but out on the Westcountry open roads (not dual or motorway) a dashcam would certainly prove to be more negative than positive in my defense based on my original post.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:43:47 PM »
Today's M62 hazard

image expired
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you donít quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Recent Topics