Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch lever replacement  (Read 266 times)

Offline KevinXRx

• Tiger Member
Clutch lever replacement
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:10:34 AM »
I need to replace the clutch lever on my 2016 XRx and have read that it is quite easy. Can someone please explain the procedure so I can make the determination myself? I'm putting the bike in for its 30,000 km next week, and if it's not easy, I'll just have the dealer do it.

Thanks!

Kevin XRx

Offline Hobbes-II

• Tiger Cub
Re: Clutch lever replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
These are the instructions provided by Evotech for their aftermarket levers. I've just replaced the clutch lever -- very easy.

Offline ZenDog

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCX
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:52:34 AM »
It's easy enough - undo one bolt (10mm), spin the adjuster wheel so the gap is aligned so the cable will come out. Pull the lever out and turn it upside down. Pop out the cable. Reverse the process to install the new one. Don't forget to grease and be careful when putting the new one in. I broke the lever position switch when the lever suddenly popped back into position and I was not ready for it. If I do it again I will unscrew the switch to get it out of the way. 

I suggest watching a video eg   

Offline KevinXRx

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 10:02:31 PM »
Thanks to you both. Both pdf and video were useful and I managed the feat without too much trouble.

KevinXRx

Recent Topics

winded-staunch