Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: France sprint (West Midlands to Dieppe)  (Read 540 times)

Offline Watty2016

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
France sprint (West Midlands to Dieppe)
« on: August 26, 2018, 08:16:45 AM »
Last weekend I completed my first overseas trip which was a 3 day sprint to Dieppe and back Frid to Sun, via Dover and Calais. Dieppe was great and riding out to Rouen on the Saturday was excellent. Thoroughly great experience apart from Dover and Calais, especially Calais being not so pretty, but hey thats the way it goes. Loved the fact that French roads were in excellent condition and that as well as fellow bikers, kids, parent and grandparents all acknowledge us bikers as we rode through towns. Also loved how the car drivers move over to let you past and you are given, on most occasions, the right of way on roundabouts. Loved it

Offline coddy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: France sprint (West Midlands to Dieppe)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 08:52:27 AM »
Yes riding in France is a joy compared to English roads. Surprised you didn't go on the Eurotunnel though as Folkestone to Calais is only 35 minutes.

Offline Watty2016

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:57:15 AM »
I thought that too, but the guys leading the trip wanted to go by boat, but next time would do tunnel and someone else has suggested Newhaven to Dieppe, so may look at that too.👍

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
Went by bike on the tunnel for the first time this year. Horses for courses really, but I much prefer the ferry crossing for a chance to sit down!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:07:14 PM »
There's been lots of trouble with the tunnel this summer and it's usually pretty expensive in August so probably a good shout this year not to use it.

Saying that, I do prefer it
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Watty2016

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
yes I think the issues were why we went in boat and actual boat was okay to be fair

Recent Topics

winded-staunch