Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Good biker cafe in Derbyshire  (Read 674 times)

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
Good biker cafe in Derbyshire
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
Hi Members, 3 of us on Tigers are heading to Derbyshire for a ride, camp and Jolly this weekend and I'm looking for somewhere to aim at for a spot of lunch on Saturday.

We will arrive in Combs on Friday and this will be our base.

Your suggestions please.......?

Thanks in advance, Pete

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: Good biker cafe in Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »
Yonderman cafe at Wardlow Mired. Not been there for a few years, do don't know if it's still trading. There was talk of the selling up a couple of years ago

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yonderman+cafe

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »
https://www.yondermanncafe.com/

From Combs head to Chapel-en-le-Frith, A6 (towards Doveholes/ Buxton), A623 Sparrowpit (nice tight RH Hairpin) carry on the A623 heading towards Wardlow, just past the junction for Wardlow, what looks like an old Petrol Station, I knew Alasdair when he was on the Honda XRV Africa Twin forum

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »
Nice one... I guess this is the one then...

Thanks

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
There's the Fiveways Caf in Buxton as well, never been in though, so can't vouch for it, looks a bit sad by comparison tbh.

The other option is to head to Matlock Bath and go to one of the chippies (Kosta Chippy is good), or cafe's / coffee shops, worth a visit any sunny Sunday for the bike line-ups along the riverside "Prom".

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
If you don't like a greasy spoon you could try my favourite lunch stop in the Peak District.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190756-d2537064-Reviews-The_Tea_Junction-Buxton_Derbyshire_England.html
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
If you don't like a greasy spoon you could try my favourite lunch stop in the Peak District.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190756-d2537064-Reviews-The_Tea_Junction-Buxton_Derbyshire_England.html

That looks good Paul, not seen that place before, Mrs D does like her cream teas  :016:

Pete
Breakfast at Yonderman's nearby Combs and afternoon tea at the Tea Junction  :028:

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »
Bank view cafe is ok on a nice day sat out back in the garden, bit small inside. Bit of a round trip for ya.
 https://goo.gl/maps/WNzfRPnYbsN2

The Tea Junction does lovely butties, proper bread with bits in it, cut crooked with a knife, the cheese & home made chutney is my favourite. Also home made soup with wedges of same bread, daily special meals, Oatcakes with filling, whole range of cakes. Once you've been, I doubt you'd go elsewhere, unless you prefer a fry-up. On a nice sunny day, it's grand sitting out on the lawned area.

If you're hungry for fish & chips, I'd recommend the Toll bar chippy at Stoney Middleton, nice garden at the back with seating by the stream. Too many nice rides around there try to keep off the main A roads. You can go via Peakdale, Millers dale, Foolow & Eyam, back via Grindleford & Hathersage for a round trip.

A must do is Winnats pass. You can see Win hill & Lose hill from the top, they got their names from a battle between North & South, the northerners were camped on the former.  :164:

There are a couple of caffs in Hope, one by the garage & another behind the Old Hall pub.

Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 02:25:15 PM »
Thanks guys.. a few good pointers.. we shall take you all up on your advice...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch