Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: found on ebay  (Read 2037 times)

Offline firecat0_0

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XC/KDX/C15T
As a bike rider you know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows into the breeze!!

Online RaglandT

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC / 1200XRT
Re: found on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:33:01 AM »
According to the Twisted throttle web site, maybe yes, maybe no, depending on knobby use or not:

"This Rear Tire Hugger is suitable for Triumph Tiger 800 & 800XC '11-. Made of 6mm thick Polypropylene for a fantastic and durable look, feel and performance. Not tested with aftermarket knobby tires.

Design Update: June 14, 2011 Updates have been made to increase durability and fit adjustments have been made to allow fitment on the XC model. It is about inch shorter, its made of thicker (6mm - was 3mm) & new material (Polypropylene was acrylic-capped ABS), which is unbreakable. It has reinforced mounting points. This improved hugger has an extra mounting mechanism at the front of the swingarm hook & loop fastener. R&G had some breakage problems but R&G has quickly reacted to fix this issue. After extensive product testing on the bumpiest roads with full luggage and heavy riders (one month and 2,000 miles for one bike, and one month and 1,500 miles for the other) they are confident that this combination of fixes make this the best rear hugger for the Triumph Tiger 800 & Tiger 800XC on the market."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:35:24 AM by RaglandT »

Offline firecat0_0

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
Thanks.
I have fitted an acerbis flap but boy does the rear get covered in much still! I don't think a hugger should be fitted to a dual purpose bike but being practical, I will do less than 10% off road work compared to on road so maybe I need to be practical. The price is steep for something with less than five quids worth of material though.

Anyone fitted one yet?

All the best
As a bike rider you know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows into the breeze!!

Offline jenkspj

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Own an 800 XC ABS - the cat told me to do it.
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC ABS
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by jenkspj [+]
Yeesh...130!!!!!

That's a bargain compared to when they first came out. Still way too much though.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by firecat0_0 [+]
Thanks.
I have fitted an acerbis flap but boy does the rear get covered in much still! I don't think a hugger should be fitted to a dual purpose bike but being practical, I will do less than 10% off road work compared to on road so maybe I need to be practical. The price is steep for something with less than five quids worth of material though.

Anyone fitted one yet?

All the best

My Tiger 1050 with a hugger was no cleaner in the rear to be honest than without.  Personally think you would be better off with;
* Shock Sock.  I use the Traxxion
*  Mud flap hanging off the rear of the airbox.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline firecat0_0

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
My Tiger 1050 with a hugger was no cleaner in the rear to be honest than without.  Personally think you would be better off with;
* Shock Sock.  I use the Traxxion
*  Mud flap hanging off the rear of the airbox.
[/quot

I think the hugger is not perhaps in keeping with the image of the XC but the sheer amount crud that gets thrown up and plasters the back end/luggage is real ball ache - even when it is only slightly moist underfoot! I have ridden a demo bike (road not xc) with on of the early R&G huggers on (still going strong!) and it really cuts the mess down. Am still thinking of getting one. My other bike is a KDX so I am used to getting covered in crap lol

Offline drlapo

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »
my Ducati Monster had a very efficient hugger as standard equipment
Triumph should  inlcude the hugger as standard equipment.  what woud it cost them as an OEM fitment; $10?

:010:

Recent Topics