Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Euro Trip  (Read 479 times)

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Euro Trip
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »
Finally got around to upload a few pics from my Euro tour, only took 3 months!

A motley crew of 7 friends aged from 30-69. on a variety of bikes.
Tiger 800 roadie (Me)
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Daytona 650
Honda Pan Euro
Kwak Z900
Yamaha MT10
Gixer 750

Visiting France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Belguim and back to Blighty

We left the Wirral bright and early and headed to Folkstone where we had booked into digs ready for the train, all did not go to plan! My mate on the Gixxer lost his phone on the M6 and then the M6 was shut due to an accident AND an oil spill and we where trapped right in the road works,no hard shoulder, narrow lanes to stop filtering and HGVs as far as the eye could see. So to cut a very long story 12hrs later we arrived in Folkstone knackered hungry and ready for a beer, as we pulled up my friend on the Trophy announced his front wheel bearing has gone!!!, much internet searching found a few garages near by so we had a beer and hit the hay.

The next morning it was obvious the previous day had tired us out so much so that the fella on the MT10 had safely locked his bike put but left the keys in the ignition all night! Luckily the bike was still there, I lent my tiger to the guy on the Trophy to find a garage, 30 mins late he was back and he had found a guy with the correct bearing so off he went, train was booked for 1030 we wre cutting it close. We got a call the bearing was done and we met him at the bike shop. The guys at the garage were brill, new bearing fitted and supplied 30 all in so big up to Cheriton Motorcycles Folkstone, thanks to these guys we were on our way in the nick of time!

Glad to put our troubles behind us we made the train and our trip could begin. No major disasters other than me dropping the bike in Italy and being told "No parking" by an irate Italian lady as I tried to pick up my bike and the Daytona threw a sparkplug just outside Luxembourg, so I won't bore you all with daily reports but we did  mage to get on quite a few good roads including

The Nuffene Pass- Mind blowing
The Fluela Pass- fast and fun
The Umbrail- stunning
The Gavia Pass- rugged and fun
The Stelvio pass--Has to be done
The B500- fast and flowing

Anyway enough chat here's some photos, enjoy

Ready for the off

Sheepskin seat cover was so comfy

Beach at Giffaumont

Fresh water straight from the swiss Alps--Best hangover cure

Give or take a few mile-Job done, rolled home on fumes

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:43:30 PM by Maxrock »

Offline Stelyn

• Tiger Pro
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
Re: Euro Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »

:493:........ :031:
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »
 :460: looks great
It wasn't me !!

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »
 :460: Excellent - thank you  :002:

Offline coddy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »
Thanks for making the effort to post, the scenery looked amazing.

Offline kempy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
Great pictures, I'm planning to take the bike (and the Mrs) to lake Garda next year all being well, will be my first long distance trip.

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 02:09:57 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated, was a truly awesome adventure, I have hrs of Gopro footage too in fact so much its hard work going through it all!. I can heartily recommend riding in Europe the roads are great and the attitude to bikes is brilliant.
Kempy you will have a blast,  just do a bit research and if your taking a Satnav get used to before you set off, I bought mine a couple of days before and was still working things out on the way home up the M6  :008:

Recent Topics