Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Photo Orientation Wrong  (Read 357 times)

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800
Photo Orientation Wrong
« on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:52 PM »
Wonder if anyone can help..I am uploading to the photo gallery but some of my images are appearing on their side or wrong way round. They are taken on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android phone. I upload them to my PC then right click and go into "properties" - "details" and then click on "remove properties and personal info" at the bottom, I then "select all" which I hoped would remove all the EXIF data and allow them to be shown the correct way round but some are still sideways..any ideas how I may better remove EXIF data if that's the problem ?

I am not particularly good with Computers and don't want to get involved in Photoshop or similar but if there is a simple way I would appreciate it. I have also tried someone else's idea of opening them in Paint and re-saving as JPEG but it didn't work either.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:42:33 PM by markymark11 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
Re: Photo Orientation Wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »
Your suspicions are correct, they do show like that due to the "orientation" flag within the EXIF.

This problem is quite common when you transfer an image taken on a phone to another device or software.

Why not try this online editor with the troublesome images. Don't delete the EXIF, just upload the image then you can rotate the EXIF flag as required. It's pretty easy to use   :038:

https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/exif-editor.php
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »
Thank you for that - I will give it a try  :002:

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
Once uploaded to the PC, just double click on the picture to open it in Picture Viewer for your version of Windows and click on Rotate (clock or anticlock wise) ... This works even going back to Windows XP ! ...  :152:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:05:34 PM by prenticemarie »
My My, How Time Flies ... 60 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2019 !

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
Hi Prentice .... I did that and then uploaded them but they still came out wrong, I tried rotating 90 degrees 3 times and all 4 pictures were the same - on their side  :002: Doh ?!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch