Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Replace straps mount on Triumph tank bag with Givi Tanklock.  (Read 1337 times)

Offline dasf

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCA 2017
Replace straps mount on Triumph tank bag with Givi Tanklock.
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
When I bought my Tiger 800 XCA 2017, I got a tank bag (Triumph Adventure bag A9510169) for free. This tank bag is to be installed with straps. 
I had a smaller Givi tank bag (D603) with Givi Tanklock that I use daily. But for longer trips, it would have been nice with the larger tank bag and therefore I converted it to Givi Tanklock. 
Bought a Givi ZT480R Replacement Tanklock, and two cutting boards made of Polyethylene about 7mm thick. Wanted black but found only white. May change when I find black ones. 
Used the Givi ZT480R as a template and cut two plates from the cutting boards and drilled four 5 mm holes in them. Took away the outer and inner fastener/straps in the tank bag with a sharp knife. With the Givi ZT480R as a template I drilled four holes through the bottom of the tank bag. Placed one plate inside the tank bag and one underneath together with Givi ZT480R. Tighten the four screws just enough so the plates did not bend. Took about half an hour. Works perfectly.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:53:25 AM by dasf »
Past bikes from 1965: Husqvarna Silverpilen 175 cc, Honda 305 Super Hawk, Triumph Bonneville 650, BSA Spitfire 650, Norton 650 SS, Velocette Truxton, Honda 450 Black Bomber, Honda Transalp, Honda Africa Twin, BMW R100RT, BMW R1200 GS, Honda Varadero, Yamaha TDM900, Triumph 800 XCA

Online ccmp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 xca
Re: Replace straps mount on Triumph tank bag with Givi Tanklock.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:48:10 AM »
top class job.

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
 :493: :490:
Give a man a fish and he'll demand chips, a six pack of stella, 20 fags and a scratch card to go with it. Make him do some work for his fish. He'll aporeciate it more.

Offline csg1998

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
Hi Dasf,

Just wondering how this is working out after a year?  Was thinking about doing something similar, but like the look of the sw-motech connector as iI think that would sit a bit lower to the tank.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 12:28:27 PM »
Have done similar with a tail pack which I converted to the SW motech tank ring.  :028:
Lost again

Offline Baetech

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800XRt
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 05:21:22 PM »
nice job, but, isn't it too tall, i see you add like 3/4" to it, i like the job but i dont like how it sits too high above the tank, is an inconvenient for me having to lock down/over the tank bag, also, im wondering how the holes are protected from the rubbing and vibration of the bolts/screws to prevent the wholes getting bigger overtime !?..

Thanks and good luck.

Recent Topics