Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: headlight upgrade  (Read 1271 times)

Offline dazza76

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: headlight upgrade
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
I've got these LED bulbs in mine, been in for over a year now, work well, no issue with MOT and the headlight levelling adjuster still works (some led bulbs foul the adjuster) https://www.amazon.co.uk/NIGHTEYE-Automotive-LED-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B01M2CHCWP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507907123&sr=8-3&keywords=nighteye+h4+led

See this thread for a bit more info https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,22779.0.html

Offline Alexh

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »
Be very careful with replacing with led' s as MOT stations have been told that hid light are failures unless the whole unit is replaced and a lot of MOT stations have takes this to cover led as well so unless you fit the whole unit you may fall foul I have also heard of MOT stations failing led as the light from some is regarded as too blue, as this is a failure based on the opinion of the tester rather than any evidence one might pass and the next time fail

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 06:16:36 PM »
It only takes 5 minutes to replace both bulbs so just swap over for mot
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Alexh

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 07:37:00 PM »
True as long as you remember, oh and also remember to change them if you have an accident as you don't want to give your insurance a reason to avoid paying up, of course they wouldn't refuse to pay just because you have illegal lights would they.

It's ok for people to make a choice to risk it, however to suffer due to bad advice is a different matter.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »
LED's aren't illegal.  Same as any bulb change.  Ensure the lights are correctly aimed.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Recent Topics