Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Maximum loading weight  (Read 1218 times)

Offline tzoykas

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Kawi Versys
Maximum loading weight
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
Hello all

Can somebody take a look at the owners manual of the Tiger and let me know what the maximum payload of the bike is? Although I searched, I couldn't find a relative topic, nor is the manual available from Triumph yet.

Thanks in advance
George

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
Re: Maximum loading weight
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »
Hi Giorgo  :002:

225kgs for the 800, 223kgs for the XC. Be careful not to get them confused and load the XC with 224kgs or you'll break it  :015:

Offline tzoykas

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Kawi Versys
Re: Maximum loading weight
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by yiannis [+]
Hi Giorgo  :002:

225kgs for the 800, 223kgs for the XC. Be careful not to get them confused and load the XC with 224kgs or you'll break it  :015:
Hahaha

Hello Yianni. That's interesting. The 1050 manual states clearly that driver+passenger+accessories+luggage should in no way exceed 200kg ...
Tougher frame? That means that I can carry half my home on it then ....

Thanks a lot
George
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:34:30 PM by tzoykas »

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
Maximum loading weight
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »
I don't think so. I think they just have some number on the wheels/axles/suspension/somewhere and from that the subtract the weight of the bike. The XC is a touch heavier, hence the difference. I would also think the 1050 is heavier and that's why it has a lower loading capacity. In any case, yes, that is a good limit number.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch