Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 4th Dimension M/C repairer  (Read 751 times)

Offline TwoJacks

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xc
4th Dimension M/C repairer
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:02:04 PM »
Got wiped out today, driver didnt see me (diet going better than I thought).  Luckily, just battered a bruised.

Insurance want to send bike to 4th dimension to be assessed/repaired but the company does not get good reviews on trustpilot, has anyone had any experience with them?

Havent seen the bike as it was recovered by the boys in blue.  I had an appointment with the wonderful people at the local hospital (Big thank you to all the staff at Colchester A&E, first class service) :152:

Online rozzer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '16 1050 Sport
Re: 4th Dimension M/C repairer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »

They picked up and repaired my Tiger Sport in Nov.2016 after I binned it on something very sloppy,couldn't complain about the repairs,came back good as new,but they did take their time doing them,I had a wrist in plaster so didn't really mind.All the replacement parts were genuine Triumph and SW Motech as far as I could see.

Offline skinneroo

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger road
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
Repaired the BM I  low sided in 2012.
Can't fault them. Even put a matching lock in the replacement top box.

Online julianhj

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
I couldn't recommend them. I dropped my bike in July 2016. It took them a week or two to collect it and a couple of months to replace a few parts. I had to chase them (a lot) for updates and they were dishonest about how long it would take to complete the repair, probably because if they'd been truthful I would have used someone local - they are owned by an insurance group (who I was insured with at the time), and clearly have a big section of the market sewn up. My Scottoiler hasn't been right since; when I called up to complain shortly after they returned it they weren't interested, saying they hadn't been near it. I initially considered getting it repaired locally, and really wish I had. I found my tank (which they'd replaced) for sale on Ebay a while afterwards, so they make some money off the back end as well by selling on damaged parts.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:22 PM »
Not 4th Dimension but a (possibly?) similar setup experience with Carole Nash 4.5yrs ago after a nasty highside (with serous bike and body damage) on my Street Triple.

They wanted me to have the bike repaired by their preferred repairer 'Plantec Holdings' based in Dudley (I'm in Plymouth). They would come collect the bike, supposedly repair and return valeted. Nobody knew anything about them (CN advised try a forum search) and I spent quite a time using Google and Bing and couldn't find a positive word about them.

I told Carole Nash I was hoping the bike would go to my local Triumph dealer (who surely knows the bike better than an all makes all models warehouse setup?) and was told I could but would have to get estimates done and they couldn't then provide 'repair guarantee' on the work.
Having found nothing positive about Plantec I decided to still trust my local dealer who would know my future custom would depend on the results even with CN claiming I'd have no 'repair guarantee' rather than have a bunch of cowboys keep my bike for months (that to me was a stupid statement as clearly the Triumph dealer would guarantee their work).They would apparently drop off a hire bike when they collect the damaged bike, but if your claim isn't 100% against the other party you get slammed for hire charges and apparently they do things like charge the 'liable' company 300 a day for a Mondeo (back then) ... probably 60 for Joe public at the nearest car hire centre. One report I read had the bike (BMW) owner settling as a write off by Plantec which he knew was easily repairable and having had the buy back (salvage) deducted from the settlement received the bike delivered back to him with nearly twice as much damage as it had when collected from him after the accident. The owner felt this was deliberate malicous damage because of his buyback decision.

I must reiterate, this was 4.5yrs ago and things may well be vastly improved but it appears some of these 'preferred repairer' setups are clearly a case of commision kickbacks for the insurer and huge 'hire fee' profits for the repairer.

It was a similar setupearlier this year, with Admiral multi-car', when a moron ran into the back of my stationary car at traffic lights.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,23577.msg265747.html#msg265747   ..... they kept pushing an unwanted 'courtesy car'.

So for me I would/will select my local dealer every time ... and know what is happening on my doorstep, not 200miles away.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:23:30 PM by Stevie.P »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline the mountie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »
My XR was returned with a few loose bolts.. on the brake & clutch levers! I would opt for Jack Lilley next time.

Offline tommyt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 08:52:15 PM »
Not all very good news then!

Could you not insist that the bike is returned to your local dealer for them to check it before you collect it? That might put the cat among the pigeons with the insurance companies and their "preferred repairers!"....

TT

Offline the mountie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
Had my repaired after a rear end shunt in 2016. It was returned with loose brake & clutch lever bolts and loose bar ends!!

Recent Topics