Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Firmware upgrade coming for all TFT screen Tigers  (Read 9775 times)

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
Re: Firmware upgrade coming for all TFT screen Tigers
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 03:25:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by zsguerreiro [+]
Does anyone have any updates on this? Thought this would be available by now?

Triumphs website still says "coming soon".

Offline Lopez

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: '18 XCA
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2020, 07:45:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by zsguerreiro [+]
Does anyone have any updates on this? Thought this would be available by now?

In Spain, it's currently available for other models. No news for Tiger... I suspect it will never arrive.

Offline OzzieTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2019
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
Whatever it is it's going to be made from unobtanium and priced accordingly!

Offline Reyno99

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 XCA
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 09:02:25 PM »
Will need a Bluetooth module installed also.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
From what I have read this update provides less functionality than even the cheapest third party GPS and once installed will effectively be money burnt as it wont add value to the bike for resale and wont be able to be reused on another bike the way a third party GPS can.
You will be able to control your GoPro from the handlebars, thrills but you will need to buy a late model GoPro first which also adds to the cost of the firmware update and the Bluetooth module.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2020, 07:41:06 AM »
Yep, seems like a huge expense for a small amount of convenience.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »
Just saw a french guy on YouTube making a test on his Rocket, Triumphant, basically Gopro needs a Hero 5 all others aren't compatible, you can switch music with joystick, or see messages on screen, but navigation basically gives you turn left in 500m and street name, or which exit to take in the roundabout, nothing very fancy no real big graphics.

Don't think it's that interesting, because most of us on our adventure machines will want to see maps and have a big screen for that, or I'd rather sometimes just connect my phone to my helmet headset and follow voice guidance, it's not worse than the week indications this Triumph turn by turn option gives.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:53:01 AM by Djairouks »

Offline triumphant

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
I spoke to my dealer about this about a fortnight ago and his reply stated that Triumph still haven't provided an exact release date but they do know what's involved with the fitting and update now.  To that end, and this is just my local dealer so others may differ for whatever reason, he quoted 308 fitted.

I agree re the usefulness around the GPS, however, for quick and easy use it may be a nice bolt on. For me personally the ability to select music from my phone and control my GoPro without faffing around with thick gloves on will be the biggest benefit.  Just not sure whether I'm prepared to pay what they are asking to do that.
2018 Tiger 800 XRT
2017 Street Triple RS (Black)

Steve McQueen rode a Triumph...enough said.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2020, 11:59:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by triumphant [+]
I spoke to my dealer about this about a fortnight ago and his reply stated that Triumph still haven't provided an exact release date but they do know what's involved with the fitting and update now.  To that end, and this is just my local dealer so others may differ for whatever reason, he quoted 308 fitted.

I agree re the usefulness around the GPS, however, for quick and easy use it may be a nice bolt on. For me personally the ability to select music from my phone and control my GoPro without faffing around with thick gloves on will be the biggest benefit.  Just not sure whether I'm prepared to pay what they are asking to do that.

If like me you use Google music on am Android phone, just use Bluetooth headset, say ok Google and you can ask to play your music by vocal commands, it's weird nobody seems to know this exists, you can also ask Google maps to make an itinerary, with vocal commands !

Offline triumphant

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
I'm one of those Apple users so alas that doesn't work for me.  Siri requires you to unlock your phone for certain functions - a hurdle I have come across for selecting certain things.
2018 Tiger 800 XRT
2017 Street Triple RS (Black)

Steve McQueen rode a Triumph...enough said.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch