Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Unifilter prefilter  (Read 1502 times)

Online Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: Unifilter prefilter
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 04:23:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by SOHUTAA [+]
I fitted my T800 Xcx from 2016 with a unifilter pre-filter, ordered directly from them in Australia.

Merci beaucoup - will have to do that but with our weak currency, along with the postage and duties to South Africa, this is going to be a very expensive filter :-)
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online Q

• Tiger Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »
k - instant gratification is bad news

whipped-out the credit card and ordered two from Oz

better than damaging the engine and after spending the day cleaning the bike and kit after the weekend's run in the dirt, I realised that in the prolonged drought conditions that we are currently in, dust is going to be a major factor on the rides over the next few months - thus better safe than sorry
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline XYooper906

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800XC
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 09:49:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]

Some advice pse - will this work on a 2019 800 XCA?

I can tell you with certainty that the older design airboxes have an opening with flat sides on top and bottom. The NU-3704 rubber flange is designed to fit that hole.  I had been using the older design NU-3704 filter on my 2012 XC, until it developed several worn spots and holes. I ordered the newer design AU-3705 and then modified my airbox with a round hole to fit it. The new filter has a slightly thicker foam and has less contact with the adjacent items, so I'm hoping that it will outlast the older one.

Online Q

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 06:52:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by XYooper906 [+]
I can tell you with certainty that the older design airboxes have an opening with flat sides on top and bottom. The NU-3704 rubber flange is designed to fit that hole.  I had been using the older design NU-3704 filter on my 2012 XC, until it developed several worn spots and holes. I ordered the newer design AU-3705 and then modified my airbox with a round hole to fit it. The new filter has a slightly thicker foam and has less contact with the adjacent items, so I'm hoping that it will outlast the older one.

tks very much for your response - as above, I spent the money to get filters from Oz - with the state of the world at present, it might, however, be sometime before I actually receive them

Recent Topics

winded-staunch