Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wheel Paint Code  (Read 626 times)

Offline Not_Found

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2011 Roadie
Wheel Paint Code
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »
Hi -

My 2011 roadie has the normal silver/grey wheel finish, which I think Triumph refer to as "graphite".   There are a couple of spots of minor damage, one on each wheel, which I want to rub down and repaint before it gets too bad. 

I understand that professional stripping, blasting and recoating is the only long-term solution, but I'm only looking for a tidy spot repair at the moment.  I've done this with car alloys and had reasonable results. 

Does anyone know the correct paint code for the wheels?   I imagine that it will be possible to find a near-match silver/grey in Halfords and blend it, but much easier to start from the right shade.   Many thanks.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Wheel Paint Code
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
Can't help with a code but there are 'Triumph' touch up paints available on ebay, can't vouch for match or quality.  :084:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=triumph%20motorcycle%20touch%20up%20paint&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:29:45 AM »
Just ride down to an auto paint place and let them match it.
They'll do you a touch up pot.

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »
Phone Triumph, they are usually happy to give out the paint code .... They did for my Sprint ST 955i ...  :031:
My My, How Time Flies ... 60 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2019 !

Offline Not_Found

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by prenticemarie [+]
Phone Triumph, they are usually happy to give out the paint code .... They did for my Sprint ST 955i ...  :031:

Sometimes the most obvious answer is under my nose!   Thanks to everyone who's replied  :-)

I suspect they'll reply that the wheels are finished in some special coating which can't be touched-up, but I'll call them tomorrow. 

Offline Not_Found

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:45 PM »
Triumph GB advise that the wheels are delivered in powder-coated finish by their suppliers, and they don't have paint codes or touch-up kits available.

I suspect that someone at HQ must have written a spec for the wheels, which must have included a RAL or Pantone shade for the finish.   They won't have said "some sort of silver grey, anything you like".    But if the information isn't available, I'll have to try matching to the stock at Halfords. 

Recent Topics