Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?  (Read 1055 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Kris

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« on: December 02, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
I have already 2" Risers by still find leaning too much on the handlebars which causes strain in my wrists.  I was wondering if 3.5" risers will fit with the cables and all??  I was considering this or a higher handlebars. 

Offline Kris

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »

Online walt

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
  • Location: Northumberland
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »
ive got SW Motech 60mm risers and some extra 15mm risers, cables might go another 10mm higher, possibly more with some re routing...

Offline Kris

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by walt [+]
ive got SW Motech 60mm risers and some extra 15mm risers, cables might go another 10mm higher, possibly more with some re routing...

oh, so that's good news!  with the 1" additional rise, on top of the 2" rox risers, I will have 76mm rise in total, so it is close to your set up. I have no idea why Tiger roadie has the bars so low ?? To torture us?  For purely sport riding it is fine, but it is supposed to be a touring/adventure bike...or so it seems....

My Versys 1000 has also low bars, but it being more of a sport/touring bike, it is more acceptable, as its ergos are good for cornering and stuff.  I still fitted 30mm risers for comfort.

Online walt

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
  • Location: Northumberland
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »
yeah, I found the std low bars on the Tiger uncomfortable, I would like a bit more rearward sweep too. I may look for some bars that are higher and more slightly swept back

Offline Kris

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by walt [+]
yeah, I found the std low bars on the Tiger uncomfortable, I would like a bit more rearward sweep too. I may look for some bars that are higher and more slightly swept back

these seem bigger than in the Tiger, but I am not sure.

https://www.amazon.com/ProTaper-PMT-8863D-Adventure-Handlebar/dp/B017OFIH3K

the only problem with them is that they lack the threaded hole for the screw at the end to fit the aftermarket handlebars.

with Rox Risers you can move the bar back quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:16:57 PM by Kris »

Online walt

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
  • Location: Northumberland
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 06:45:36 PM »
i have a pair of these off a previous bike, being alloy you can tap a thread in the ends if needed...think i'll give them a try, they are about 50mm taller than std Tiger bars, so could remove some of the risers..

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/lsl-x-bar-handlebar-axb3-abe/10021629?list=74520eb8533175feabb822152a79c725

Offline Kris

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 05:54:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by walt [+]
i have a pair of these off a previous bike, being alloy you can tap a thread in the ends if needed...think i'll give them a try, they are about 50mm taller than std Tiger bars, so could remove some of the risers..

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/lsl-x-bar-handlebar-axb3-abe/10021629?list=74520eb8533175feabb822152a79c725

are you sure? it has only 85mm hight. my Tiger has much more than that.

Online Rtwo

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 3944
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
  • Location: Co. Durham
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by walt [+]
yeah, I found the std low bars on the Tiger uncomfortable, I would like a bit more rearward sweep too. I may look for some bars that are higher and more slightly swept back

Have a look at the Explorer bars
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Online walt

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
  • Location: Northumberland
Re: 3.5" Rox Risers - will they fit?
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 11:31:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kris [+]
are you sure? it has only 85mm hight. my Tiger has much more than that.


holding them next to the std bars they look higher, find out if I try them

 


Recent Topics