Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Throttle  (Read 217 times)

Offline walt

• Tiger Member
Throttle
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
anyone with an 18 model found a way to take up throttle free play, mine has about 6mm, pita to get a smooth response....

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
Re: Throttle
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:27:07 AM »
Assume you mean a 2018 model with electronic ride-by-wire throttle. Not sure what you mean by free play given there is no mechanical cable. The throttle position sets the fuel map, and the Mode selection sets the responsiveness of the engine to the  throttle movement.
Try the sport Mode (twisties) to get a tighter response feel. Perhaps you are mis-interpreting Mode response as free play.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:29:02 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline walt

• Tiger Member
Re: Throttle
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
nope, nowhere near as complicated as that...(its an XR so no modes anyway) by free play I mean the amount you can turn the throttle before any thing happens...with a cable or not... there is just a lot of free play/movement in the throttle before it starts to rev the engine, with a cable you would just use the cable adjuster to take up the free play, seems its fixed with the fully electronic throttle, no way to adjust...needs some kind of throttle stop screw, maybe there is a way inside the throttle housing, i'll have to have a look/ask dealer

assuming its a large circular resistor/potentiometer or similar in the throttle housing there is some amount of movement before it starts to have any effect....ie...free play, slack, whatever you want to call it

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:17:43 PM by walt »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch