Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Jungfraujoch Railway  (Read 270 times)

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
Jungfraujoch Railway
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi everyone

As part of a tour next year a gang of us want to do the Jungfraujoch railway. I need some advice please

Best place to stay in to catch a train(s) up and down the railway. Leave from Interlaken?

How long to allow - a day? 1/2 day?

Best route up and down? Via which towns or stations.

I have had a look on Google but am not much wiser.

Have you been there and done that?

Thanks.

2018 Xca. BMW K1600GTL. Suzuki GT380

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline chrometeeth

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: TIGER 800
Re: Jungfraujoch Railway
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
Hi. have done this trip a few times in last 30 years . Great place to stop ,if you are camping is Camping Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen..  Lovely family run site ,with bar and caf .Fantastic views all round. You can walk to the station in 10 mins from site . It is halfway between Interlaken and the Jungfrau  but the best part of the journey is from here on.
   Best train to catch is the first one in the morning....about 7 oclock , but worth it because it is not as busy but also much cheaper than a later one. Still costs a lot of money ,last time we did it,it was about 100 !!! BUT .. it is the best train journey in Europe to the highest viewing point in Europe. Lots to do in the valley if you have a few days there.
   We have gone up on the train ,then walked back down from the halfway point or Wengen, depending how keen you are.
    Enjoy !!
2012 venom yellow Roadie / '74 Bonnie (from new )

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
Re: Jungfraujoch Railway
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »
What Chrometeeth said, but book before going , last time I went up to Klein Scheidegg there were queues of Orientals waiting to get on the Jungfraujoch....

Recent Topics