Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XRt cuts out  (Read 12130 times)

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: XRt cuts out
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2019, 11:24:19 PM »
Thanks, I see what you mean now, at the head itself.

Can we assume that several Triumph dealers are now replacing (or adding?) gaskets and/or sealant at the air intake on the  cylinder head face?
If so, I think we should all push for a recall under warranty. Opinions?
Keep posting your results with Triumph and we can build a case.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Online walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2019, 11:48:31 PM »
i doubt it will reach recall status, more likely affected bikes will just be dealt with if owners  complain, (under warranty) or sorted at service interval  :027:

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2019, 09:03:22 PM »
Whatever they re-sealed it with i.e. gasket/sealant, sorry these days I'm not interested, I just want it to work when I turn the key and not stop till I switch off..........................anyway I have done 600 miles since the dealer did their solution (hopefully for good) and not a problem.  :152: :031:
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Offline zsguerreiro

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
Hi there,
I'm having the same issue, cutting out when downshifting 3-2 and usually approaching roundabouts, happened 4x with 450km on..Were yours definitely fixed?

Could any of you explain exactly what needs to be done? I'll try to explain what needs to be done to the dealer where I'm taking the bike for the 1st service which is in Spain(bought the bike in Portugal but this Spanish dealer is a lot closer). To make things harder I don't believe they speak English and my Spanish is quite rudimentary..   
So frustrating that this is happening, you buy a brand new bike expecting it to perform flawlessly and then...
All help appreciated..many thanks in advance.

Offline zsguerreiro

• Tiger Member
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2020, 04:02:55 PM »
Right,
I've contacted my dealer today and they said there were a few, not many(I wish I was this lucky when playing Euromillions), bikes that have this and that all needs to be done is a (this is going to be a direct translation from portuguese to english so not quite sure if it will make sense to you) Synchronisation / Calibration of the injection bodies and this can be done manually or digitally, so need to take the bike to them or another dealer and ask for this to be done.
Just thought I shared this with you in case anyone else needs it.
Anyway, still don't know if it works, only after they get this done.

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 800 XCA
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2020, 07:04:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by zsguerreiro [+]
Synchronisation / Calibration of the injection bodies and this can be done manually or digitally, so need to take the bike to them or another dealer and ask for this to be done

Mine is booked for 20k kms service in a week's time - have not had any problems with it cutting-out (in fact she purrs like a kitten) - was told that service will take 2 days as the abovementioned sync/calibration has to be done with the engine cold

I.e. be warned that you might be without a bike for 2 days to get it fixed
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2020, 07:29:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by zsguerreiro [+]
Right,
I've contacted my dealer today and they said there were a few, not many(I wish I was this lucky when playing Euromillions), bikes that have this and that all needs to be done is a (this is going to be a direct translation from portuguese to english so not quite sure if it will make sense to you) Synchronisation / Calibration of the injection bodies and this can be done manually or digitally, so need to take the bike to them or another dealer and ask for this to be done.
Just thought I shared this with you in case anyone else needs it.
Anyway, still don't know if it works, only after they get this done.

its not synchronisation, its an air leak between throttle body face and cylinder head, there is no gasket fitted, (presumably making weak mixture) this is what Triumph told me, mine was 1 of the 1st ones done afaik, it cured the cutting out, but i still had problems with low rev throttle response

Offline zsguerreiro

• Tiger Member
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2020, 08:07:17 PM »
Walt, I'm only writing what the dealer said... Apparently this sorted the bikes that had this problem..

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2020, 08:13:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
I.e. be warned that you might be without a bike for 2 days to get it fixed

The 20km service is the valve check and that must be done with the bike cold so here at least they want you to take the bike in the evening before the service day to ensure that it is cold when they do the work.
This is nothing to do with the issue that this post is about.

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 800 XCA
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2020, 03:54:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
The 20km service is the valve check and that must be done with the bike cold so here at least they want you to take the bike in the evening before the service day to ensure that it is cold when they do the work.
This is nothing to do with the issue that this post is about.

ta - tks for clarifying :-)
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics