Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Man down - RIP Greg  (Read 1611 times)

Offline squinius

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: Man down - RIP Greg
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 01:32:37 PM »
Terribly sad news.  A cracking chap.  RIP

Offline Ming

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
It's always a shock to see someone with such energy and enthusiasm for life struck down with a disease which robs the very essence of one's self. We met just after I bought my Tiger in 2014 and since then have rarely ridden apart. Every ride was an enjoyable mix of spirited riding, piss-taking and a non-stop flow of banter on the headsets.

His wealth of knowledge both in the South West and further afield meant we were never stuck for some great places to go and he was always the first to volunteer to put a route together.

My thoughts go out to Annette and the kids who have endured a torrid past few years.

RIP mate - will think of you every time I'm on a bike, or drinking a cheeky G&T :031:

Here comes Mr Clumsy........

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Sad news indeed, always a fighter and ever the optimist, he's encouraged and enabled many and was a great help to me during my recovery, whilst I haven't always seen eye to eye with him in all things I am privileged to have called him a friend, whether it's general banter about the merits of his traitorous S10 against the Triumphs, or comparing notes on whether Penderyn, or Jura goes best with codeine phosphate, he will as others have already said, be greatly missed.

If heaven has a place for bikers, then his unicorn will come with handlebars, crash bars and fog lights  :730: 
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
Sorry to hear this, never met but the comment made about the non stop stream of banter and piss taking says it all really. Obviously going to be sorely missed by all who knew him.
Thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »
Such sad news to end the year on. I met Greg (and the core SW Crew guys) 4 days after getting my new XRt (Sept 15) on the 360 ride. 372 miles later and my bike was truly 'run in' and so started my friendship with the SW Crew and numerous rides, normally instigated by Greg. The 360 ride was just after Gregs diagnosis and coincided with the start of his treatment but it didn't take me many ride outs to see how strong his passion for bikes and riding were and how important this activity was in his fight against his illness.

After his serious accident on his S10 I never thought he would ride again and within a few months, fighting what must have been considerable pain, he surprised more than me by turning up at Bridge for a 'fish'n'chip run' one mid-week evening on a new replacement Yam and (AIR) with keeping his visor down it took Ming a few miles of riding, the rest of us giggling, before he realised it was Greg with us, such was his strength not to give in.

Being a fellow long serving Railwayman I was always able to have an extra laugh with Greg and swop stories and he will be sadly missed. There is never a good time for any family to lose a loved one but this time of year clearly adds an extra sadness for his wife and family now and each future Christmas.

R.I.P Greg, my condolences to your family, you will certainly be missed by me and many here who knew you.  :127:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline tigeruss

• Tiger Master
  • The tyrannies of evil men.
  • Bike: 800 XCX white
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »
Greg and Andy were the first people I met from this forum. I instantly took to them both. As a new rider, I felt honoured to be invited on several trips out with them. One memorable trip was in mid/north wales, where they and tripledick thought it would be great fun to try to loose me with Lisa on the back. Coffee and cake at the Brigande pub and a few slaps off my terrified Mrs. Great fun though.
Greg will leave a massive hole in many peoples lives.
His, knowledge, whit and patience will be sorely missed.
I didnt really know Greg for a long time, but it was always a good time.

Goodnight Mate and Godbless the family.

Russ and lisa

Offline kempy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 12:49:47 AM »
Very sad to read this post, always terrible to hear of a fellow biker passing. RIP Greg, never met him but from the comments from you guys he sounded a good un.

Offline smurfbud

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger Road Blue
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »
Only just read this sad news - Greg was one of the good guys ... always enjoyed his banter... RIP fella
Still a pupil at the school of life

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC & Explorer
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 05:27:13 PM »
For those wishing to attend Greg's funeral, here are the details:-

The service will be held at 11:30am on Thursday 17th January at Exeter Crematorium, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 6EU.

Greg's family have asked for fellow bikers to attend the funeral and, if possible, to ride in convoy to the crematorium behind the hearse. If you wish to join the ride, here are two options:-

1/ Meet us at Bridge Motorcycles, Exeter by 9:45am for a ride to LeRoy Funeral Directors in Crediton. At Bridge, just look for my blue Tiger Explorer, most likely parked in front of the cafe decking.

2/ Meet at LeRoy Funeral Directors in Crediton (EX17 3LB) by 10:30am.

There's a private car park at the rear of the Funeral Directors where we can park our bikes and wait. Access to the car park is found via the St Martin's Lane turning at the traffic lights approx 250m from the Funeral Directors.

If you're travelling by car, just go straight to the crematorium in plenty of time.

Please share this information with anyone who might wish to attend Greg's funeral.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:33:45 PM by T800XC »

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »
I heard about this  soon after but have been off the forum over the xmas break, reading these comments brings a tear to my eyes again, for Greg will be someone both Kerrie and I will miss in our lives

RIP my friend

Jmc

Recent Topics