Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Re: 2015 XCx Cold Start/No Start Issue  (Read 915 times)

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCX
Re: 2015 XCx Cold Start/No Start Issue
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
Thanks, Chuckxc;  I've gathered up a little pity from the selling dealer who says he will at least discount parts...new battery, plugs and oil go in tomorrow and it will start and run ... my prediction.  There is a root cause of these problems.  Blown ecu parameters are the possibility that's causing the fuel system and foul-up would account for oil in the crankcase. We also think all these things have contributed to a chain of events leading us to where we are.
tony-the-tiger

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
I saw this same probem on a friends Triumph Sceambler ECU. He bought it second-hand and the owner had  let it sit for a year with a discgarged battery. ECU defaulted to base parameters so fueling was all wrong-ran way too rich.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »
Talked to Steve, the friendly Triumph dealer service writer about the issues last reported.  There was lost communication on the vent cannister...was not replaced but disconnected, hence two plugged vent lines.   I read somewhere one was to be plugged, the other left open...which one?  They are plenty pissed off with my revelations as to their incompetence...looks like that bridge has been burned.  New oil change, plugs and battery tomorrow...then road test ...stay tuned.
tony-the-tiger

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 05:25:21 AM »
And have the dealer re-load the ecu tune and run the adaption process too. They should know
to do that.

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »
My name is mud there now...they should do this gratis,  but I'll have to go to the dealer in Phoenix, 120 miles...fight their backlog, it will probably be several day before I can get in.

He argued with me about the re-tune...says drive it...the ecu resets itself....  He's throwing the attitude...I won't give this dealer one more thin damn dime of my money.  OK to ride it to Phx?  I can trailer it and I need a trip there for my son anyway.
tony-the-tiger

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »
Ride to phx up  to you, but if it was my bike it would get the tune re-loaded. You need to get back to a known base.

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 01:08:53 AM »
Thanks once again, chuckxc.  As I said in the beginning:  what I know about ecu's you can put on the head of a pin.  I will follow your advice....trailer the bike to Phoenix.
tony-the-tiger

Recent Topics