Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Smaller exhaust, smaller pannier rack?  (Read 722 times)

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Smaller exhaust, smaller pannier rack?
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »
Hi all,

The new generation Tiger 800's have smaller exhausts. Thus I would think, there are smaller pannier racks....

But I haven't found them yet.
Does anyone know if smaller racks are already available?

Cheers all!
Most motorcyle problems are caused by the nut connecting the saddle to the handlebars..

Offline troop

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2016 800 XCXR
Re: Smaller exhaust, smaller pannier rack?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
While the 2018 > exhaust is thinner to reduce weight, I believe the Triumph brand pannier racks are the same part# from 2015 >.
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9500726-US.pdf

Offline Tiger2

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:39 PM »

At the bike show NEC 2019 tiger 800 the expedition case on the exhaust side was definitely closer they certainly are more even than mine. I also am looking into this,but part numbers seam to be the same. Would like to bring mine in by 50mm ,plenty of space to come in with fuel exhaust fitted may try to cut and alter has any one else done this ?.

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:21:52 PM »
I'm watching this as I too would like to narrow the rear end..

Offline Tiger2

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »

Maybe some one with a 2018/19 model could give us a overall measurement with side casses fitted.

Offline lewalt

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:32:58 AM »
The one at exhaust side is closer to the bike and the one at the opposite side is wider so now they are almost simmetrical in how far they stick out.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
Re the new gen (2018) Tiger with the smaller exhaust, to the best of my knowledge you can use the original rack AND the original aftermarket Arrow if you want too. If you have a Givi rack, the original rack WILL fit but they now supply a new rack for the 2018 Tiger that is slightly narrower in width on the exhaust side to account for the narrower exhaust. I would assume Triumph supply the same rack under their own name? The whole combination of narrower exhaust and rack (Givi) saves less than 2k in weight (with a new eu arrow fitted) and from memory makes the bike around 2 inches narrower with a rack fitted.

How do i know this? I had a 2015 Tiger with Arrow and Givi rack then changed to 2018 Tiger with New Arrow and New Givi rack. In hindsight I would have been better off keeping the old Arrow and Rack and fitting them on the new bike to save me a few quid as the only gain i can find is a slight saving in weight and width. You live and learn eh!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch