Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Textile jacket for Tiger 800 XCx rider?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
Re: Textile jacket for Tiger 800 XCx rider?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Have a look here

https://www.hein-gericke-outlet.com/hein-gericke-sale/hein-gericke-sale-luggage.html

I, like, K1W1, am a GoreTex fan and my present Hein Gericke jacket was end of line so reasonably priced Gore Tex.

Many thanks and will do now!

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by PapaTom [+]
Hi. I'm going for the new Oxford mondial advanced jacket and trousers.
However, if you can access ride magazine Dec 2018 issue, they have tested quite a few.
Search for the Oxford kit online, see a link to advanced rider wear and on their page you can read the ride review.

Many thanks for this  :031:! Plenty to choose from in my price range.

Seriously considering the Oxford Mondial now! It looks like a very high qulaity jacket at a good price. Also, looks quite good, to wear for those evening exploration walks while on a touring holiday :)

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 04:52:17 PM »
I think so too.

:028:

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 07:07:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by PapaTom [+]
I think so too.

:028:

Was about to pull the Trigger on the OXford, but just couldn't! I didn't like the way it looked enough. Somehow it looked too serious.

I also considered no.1 (Wolf GT-S), but looked too' cartoonish' to me.

In fact I went with no.7 on the list you linked me to, namely the Richa Infinity 2 Jacket. I think it's a great jacket for a great price. I went for Titaniun colour  :123:.

I very rarely wear my gear in situations of a hot sunny day turning into a rainy day, so the removable rain liner is a plus for me. I also wear for most of the time in 18-30 deg.C, and this jacket comes with a removable insulation liner and plenty of ventilation. It has just the right amount of pockets, without looking too tool like.

Really like its style and the 2 adjusters on the sleeves and 1 on the waist should provide plenty adjustability for layering up. Comes standard with a back protector.

I had a higher budget available, but honestly believe this is good enough for me :). As I grow up, I have come to appreciate the fact that I don't always need to go for the most expensive item I can afford, to be completely satisfied. Same reason I went with the Tiger 800XC & not a 1200, Africa Twin or a GS. If anyone is interested will let you know my honest thoughts once received.

Thanks again for all your valuable input on this great site  :031:!

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »
No problem buddy. That's what we are here for.
Hope the new kit works for you.
Please let us know how you get on with it.
With the Oxford kit being new, I'll be doing the same.
Happy riding.
Tom

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
I've been pretty happy with my First Gear Killimanjaro jacket, the armour gets quite hard when it's cool outside but I'm not sure if that is just a function of the D3O armour everyone likes these days.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 10:26:48 PM »
I wouldn't buy anything on-line without trying for size somewhere first. Sizes of bike kit is all up the wall, I have jackets M, L & 2XL The M & 2XL are similar fit, the L is the biggest that I use in winter.

Waterproof membranes are all plastic bags with varying levels of breathability. I've got expensive Goretex hiking kit & been soaked in it, but it is the best, just imo of course.

Worth a look at other membranes & how they perform, before making a choice.
https://outdoorsmagic.com/article/best-gore-tex-alternatives-2016/#0ohQkIyseP2Xfpye.97
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
I wouldn't buy anything on-line without trying for size somewhere first. Sizes of bike kit is all up the wall, I have jackets M, L & 2XL The M & 2XL are similar fit, the L is the biggest that I use in winter.

Waterproof membranes are all plastic bags with varying levels of breathability. I've got expensive Goretex hiking kit & been soaked in it, but it is the best, just imo of course.

Worth a look at other membranes & how they perform, before making a choice.
https://outdoorsmagic.com/article/best-gore-tex-alternatives-2016/#0ohQkIyseP2Xfpye.97

I am very happy with the Richa Inifinity 2. Bought it for a small discount and at 250 Euros it offers a lot of jacket!

I have used it twice in puring rain and so far no issues. Fit and pockets are great and the Thermal layer is really effective :).

I really need nothing more from a jacket, for my needs.

Offline HarryPothead

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRx 15
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 02:57:32 PM »
I just purchased one of these: Weise Outlast Seattle Textile Jacket - If it fits; which it may not, because Weise have weird sizes, I'll be able to give you a review on it. If it doesn't fit, it will be sometime after the weekend, at least.

What attracted me to it was this "Outlast" thermal liner.. Or just liner... I don't quite know. But apparently it keeps you warm and cool [temperature regulating material]. It's some funky material that's made for NASA. The jacket also has a removable waterproof liner too.

Offline HarryPothead

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRx 15
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
I can confirm the Weise jacket definitely keeps you warm. I rode in 4-7C this morning for about 2 hours wearing nothing under my jacket other than:
1) Tresspass merino wool base-layer.
2) An RST t-shirt.

Granted, a little bit cold air was up the back, but that's about it. I blame that on wearing a non-matching kit. I had a pair of Route One jeans and these (Weise Waterford Pants) on the bottom half. The Weise Waterford pants being unbelievably warm - sweaty parts down below, nasty. I'd forgotten why I'd rammed them in a cupboard and hadn't used them in a long while. Bloody toasty though, it's better to be too warm than too cold, I guess. However, they were my only option available to keep my legs (and feet!) warm, and being able to test out the dexterity of the textile jacket in the freezing cold - at high speed. As expected, I had to send back my Weise "pants", because they turned me into the human equivalent of sausages. The XL pair are en-route.

Weird, because they were actually a good fit at the waist, but the lining and pocket zips caused a world of pain. You'd think Weise would factor in the fact that liners = More space needed. They made the outer-trouser the exact right size, but negated to factor in the liners. Their gear is top-notch though. They just need to work out what size to make things.

Speaking of heavily insulated and non-breathing sweatomatic biking gear, I have always been tempted by one of these: Weise Siberian Waterproof 1 Piece Suit but remember that:

1) The weather in the UK is horribly unpredictable; 4C in the morning, 16C in the afternoon.
2) You'd need to stow it somewhere if you don't need it for the "return".
3) It doesn't breathe, so you'd eventually end up slow-cooking.
4) Who knows what size to get.

Aaanyway, back to the matter at hand - In the Weise Outlast jacket, I wasn't cooking but I also wasn't frozen either, I was somewhere in the middle. I reckon a long sleeved top would have come in handy.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:40:35 PM by HarryPothead »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch