Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service Manuals via Triumph TriTun  (Read 1281 times)

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
Service Manuals via Triumph TriTun
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »
I have a 18 XRt and would like to get the specific service manual for the bike.

There will be no Haynes manuals available for these bikes for some time so the only option is via the Triumph TriTun website.

I have registered but still left very apprehensive as to how you actually go about downloading the appropriate data particularly since you have to pay for specific time slots. I understand that there is a Firefox alternative way of downloading that speeds things up a bit?

Again I have installed Firefox, but not sure if I have actually activated it as I have declined it being my 'first line' browser.

I have never used Firefox and so do not know how I would use it for downloading the manuals anyway.

So, is there an 'idiots' guide to using the TriTun site to download manuals and other relevant documents on the site, or is there somebody who could provide some simple guide/advice for the novices?

1. Firstly how long a period do you need to pay for upfront to download a complete manual, is one hour sufficient?

2. When purchasing a subscription under Document Group should you select All or just the specific group(s) you are after?

3. How do you activate and use the Firefox option to speed up the download function?

4. Can you only just download and print a page at a time or can you simply download pages and save directly onto you PC and if so is it obvious how to do that? Can that only be done on a single page at a time basis or can you download and save several pages, or the complete manual, in one go?

5.  Is there a visible clock that is timing down your paid period and can you stop and restart your period or once activated must be used in one go?

6. Can you jump to specific chapters/pages to start downloading or do you have to 'flip' through single page at a time?

7. There are several Technical Bulletins available, see attached. Are these also worth downloading?

If there is already a guide to using the TriTun site for downloading documents perhaps somebody could provide the link, if not if there is somebody who has some experience on using the service it would be appreciated if they could advise on the questions raised above as I am sure there are several who would appreciate some help/advice on using the TriTun site.

Thanks 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:37:08 PM by sprint »

Offline walt

• Tiger Master
Re: Service Manuals via Triumph TriTun
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »
ive just got 2018 XR and was wondering the exact same things

Offline ColinXCX

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2017 Tiger XCX
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »
Can you buy the service manual from Triumph, I've just got one for my 2017 XCX. It was about 95 delivered. It might be worth an email to them to ask the question.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by ColinXCX [+]
Can you buy the service manual from Triumph, I've just got one for my 2017 XCX. It was about 95 delivered. It might be worth an email to them to ask the question.

It is my understanding that certainly for the newer 18 on models that paper manuals are no longer available and at 95 fairly expensive.

Hoping that there will be some forum members that have used the TriTun site may be able to pass on some advice?

Offline herdygerdy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 White XRT
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »

So, is there an 'idiots' guide to using the TriTun site to download manuals and other relevant documents on the site, or is there somebody who could provide some simple guide/advice for the novices?

1. Firstly how long a period do you need to pay for upfront to download a complete manual, is one hour sufficient?

I was a complete first time novice at this and, once the Firefox download add-in was installed (do this once you have downloaded and installed Firefox and BEFORE logging into the Tritun site), it downloaded the MY17 XRT manual in under 20 mins (ADSL connection)

2. When purchasing a subscription under Document Group should you select All or just the specific group(s) you are after?

I simply went to the Adventure group, then selected Tiger XRT then then the Model Year.  This took me to all the available documents, one of which was SERVICE.  I then selected SERVICE MANUAL and clicked on the top link.

3. How do you activate and use the Firefox option to speed up the download function?

As said, download and install Firefox.  Then install the add-in.  As you opnen the service manual itself in the Firefox browser, look very carefully at the far RH end of the address bar (ie; where you entered www.tritun.net).

You will see a new icon that looks like a folder with a down arrow on it suddenly appear. It is immediately to the left of the star shaped icon (I assume that's the 'Favourites' or bookmark this page icon').

Click on that new "folder with the arrow on it" icon.  A new tab will open and it will automatically start downloading the >500 pages of the whole manual, with a progress bar and estimate of the time left.

4. Can you only just download and print a page at a time or can you simply download pages and save directly onto you PC and if so is it obvious how to do that? Can that only be done on a single page at a time basis or can you download and save several pages, or the complete manual, in one go?

You could download a page at a time I suppose, but I did the whole manual.  That way I can then open the PDF file and potter about in there offline to my hearts content.

5.  Is there a visible clock that is timing down your paid period and can you stop and restart your period or once activated must be used in one go?

No visible countdown clock that I saw and I think it's a 'use it or lose it' kind of thing for the period of time you purchased.

6. Can you jump to specific chapters/pages to start downloading or do you have to 'flip' through single page at a time?

Yes, there's an index, and you can jump around on the Tritun site's presentation of the manual in your browser.  Far better use of your 'Hey, the $ clock is ticking' time to download it and faff about off line at your leisure.

7. There are several Technical Bulletins available, see attached. Are these also worth downloading?

I didn't as I had no need for them at this stage.

[/quote]

Hope this helps and good luck.

Offline walt

• Tiger Master
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »
thanks for all that info..... :028: :028:

Online Tiggerton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRT 2018
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 03:59:00 AM »
A link here to the provider.

Honda 90 c200, Norton Dominator 99, Triumph (Saint) T110, Triumph 750 T140 ES, Triumph Bantam Cub, Triumph Tiger Cub, BSA 650 Golden Flash, Honda CBF 1000, Triumph Sprint GT, Tiger 800 XrX low. 2018 Tiger 800 XRT.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by herdygerdy [+]

I was a complete first time novice at this and, once the Firefox download add-in was installed (do this once you have downloaded and installed Firefox and BEFORE logging into the Tritun site), it downloaded the MY17 XRT manual in under 20 mins (ADSL connection)

I simply went to the Adventure group, then selected Tiger XRT then then the Model Year.  This took me to all the available documents, one of which was SERVICE.  I then selected SERVICE MANUAL and clicked on the top link.

As said, download and install Firefox.  Then install the add-in.  As you opnen the service manual itself in the Firefox browser, look very carefully at the far RH end of the address bar (ie; where you entered www.tritun.net).

You will see a new icon that looks like a folder with a down arrow on it suddenly appear. It is immediately to the left of the star shaped icon (I assume that's the 'Favourites' or bookmark this page icon').

Click on that new "folder with the arrow on it" icon.  A new tab will open and it will automatically start downloading the >500 pages of the whole manual, with a progress bar and estimate of the time left.

You could download a page at a time I suppose, but I did the whole manual.  That way I can then open the PDF file and potter about in there offline to my hearts content.

No visible countdown clock that I saw and I think it's a 'use it or lose it' kind of thing for the period of time you purchased.

Yes, there's an index, and you can jump around on the Tritun site's presentation of the manual in your browser.  Far better use of your 'Hey, the $ clock is ticking' time to download it and faff about off line at your leisure.

I didn't as I had no need for them at this stage.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for taking the time for your very comprehensive and detailed reply which I am sure will help may others.

I have installed the latest Firefox and the Tritun add on and has been suggested tried to play around with the Owners free to download files before committing to a subscription, see  attached.

However, I do not get the download add on icon in the toolbar in this mode, see attached, should I or is it only displayed/activated once you have paid for a subscription?

Bit reluctant to make a subscription without knowing the add on will be activated?

When actually doing the manual download are you given an option to just print each page or download the complete manual to PC in a PDF file?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 10:49:44 AM by sprint »

Offline sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
Thanks for taking the time for your very comprehensive and detailed reply which I am sure will help may others.

I have installed the latest Firefox and the Tritun add on and has been suggested tried to play around with the Owners free to download files before committing to a subscription, see  attached.

However, I do not get the download add on icon in the toolbar in this mode, see attached, should I or is it only displayed/activated once you have paid for a subscription?

Bit reluctant to make a subscription without knowing the add on will be activated?

When actually doing the manual download are you given an option to just print each page or download the complete manual to PC in a PDF file?

Have got it working, see attached and can now answer all my own outstanding questions. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:21:14 AM by sprint »

Offline herdygerdy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 White XRT
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »
Good on you Sprint, pleased you got it working fine.  For me, the US$7.50 cost of a one hour's subscription was FAR cheaper than what the dealer wanted to charge for a paper manual.

That said, IMHO the Tritun manual is, well, 'a bit strange' in some of the layout and headings.  As you trawl through it, you will see what I mean. :033:  But it will certainly be sufficient for my needs.

Enjoy your fettlin'.

Recent Topics