Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mundane tasks/ journeys made better by the tiger  (Read 789 times)

Offline Kevin800

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Mundane tasks/ journeys made better by the tiger
« on: January 05, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »
So, here it is, the dreaded 220 mile trek back to work after a nice three weeks of Christmas leave, woke up in a fairly cloudy mood, leaving my family for another couple of months. But the chance to crush a couple of hundred miles on the tiger makes it oh so much better, Im certain this makes me a bad person :007:  so, do you lads n lasses have a journey, task or other trip that you dread, but only after realising once your on your bike makes it worthwhile and enjoyable ?  :417:

Offline ColinXCX

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2017 Tiger XCX
Re: Mundane tasks/ journeys made better by the tiger
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:09:26 PM »
My 40 mile each way commute to work. About 25 miles is on the M25. In a car it is awful but on a bike, any bike, it's so much better, especially when I get to the twisty bits.

Offline Dustybin

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRT 2016
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
Commuting to work and passing the queues of traffic. Best bit though is entering the Multi Storey car park and hearing the Triple whistling around it to the bike parking. Then after a long day starting the bike up and hearing it echoing in the car park! :417:

Offline Johnjo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 xrt
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »
Great topic.

Made me realise just how much I still miss my commute into Birmingham city centre. Been retired 11 years now. Must admit there's not much else I miss about work.

Fwiw, I still have the odd ride into Birmingham just to keep the skills honed.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:44:18 AM »
Commute soooo much more bearable on the Tiger.  Today with schools back after chrimbo it was a joy to be filtering up the N7 into Dublin.   :001:
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Andy118

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »
Commute:
Verb - meaning the two parts of a day usually morning and evening enjoyed by bikers which is broken up for roughly 7 - 8 hours by work.

:001:

For me it's passing Llantrisant / Cardiff junctions with a smile.
Random quote with slightly humorous yet profound meaning.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
Until being made redundant a week ago, the commute - the options being 15 miles down the M42 or 19 miles of back roads (or 22 or 25 miles, depending on which back roads I used). I must have used the motorway all of 10 times in the last 3 years.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Recent Topics

winded-staunch