Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My new 800 XCx is here!!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline felix

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: My new 800 XCx is here!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »
I find that the easiest way to put on the centre stand is to roll the front wheel onto a thick plank....

Moves the centre of gravity slightly and .... as the pivot point of the stand is now higher....the stand is further through its arc when it touches the floor.

Even a light weight like me can do it !
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:01:13 PM by felix »

Offline Pete_C

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCA
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »
Okay, the Tiger is difficult to put on the centre stand. This is the way I do it.
Choose a level area
Left hand on left hand grip, ensure the wheel is in line with the bike
Right foot on foot plate, lower stand until the bike is resting on both feet
Right hand on rear foot rest bracket
Straight back, lock right arm with slight bend, push down with right  foot to standing position. The more weight you push with your right leg the better
The bike must raise back onto the stand.

Offline asinop

• Tiger Member
  • asinop
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 02:48:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pete_C [+]
Okay, the Tiger is difficult to put on the centre stand. This is the way I do it.
Choose a level area
Straight back, lock right arm with slight bend, push down with right  foot to standing position. The more weight you push with your right leg the better

That's the way I also do it. When you push down on stand to get it on both feet, realize you will rock it away from you. It feels weird to some, but as long as you have downward pressure on the stand with your foot, it wont fall. Resist the urge to pull the bike towards you when you rock it up.

I'll also comment that I installed T-Rex Racing Frame sliders on mine and they stick out at the upper engine bolt height. They are just the right height to grab onto for me rather than the left grip.
asinop

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pusser [+]
W.r.t. the centrestand, I find that with one hand on the handlebar, the other on the grab rail and feeling that both legs of the stand are on the ground I put all of my weight on the foot on the stand and the bike moves on to it fairly easily.  I weigh 13 and a half stones so I suspect that if you are lighter it might be more of a problem.

I have an ST1300 as well and whilst a little more difficult to get on to the centre stand the same technique works.

Good luck.

:0461:  :460: Its all in the straightening of/pushing down with the right leg.
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pete_C [+]
Choose a level area

This is the technique I will try for sure. The passenger grab rail is too high up for me to create any real force up and back.

Pressing into the floor with leg only does not create too much results since the centre stand angle is still too acute for the bike to be forced back. Thanks!

Offline buddy13

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:58:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by asinop [+]
That's the way I also do it. When you push down on stand to get it on both feet, realize you will rock it away from you. It feels weird to some, but as long as you have downward pressure on the stand with your foot, it wont fall. Resist the urge to pull the bike towards you when you rock it up.

Exactly. It was impossible for me to put the bike up, until I let the bike 'fall' onto the other stand leg (starboard side  :001:). However, the real trick must be the passenger footpeg.

Recent Topics