Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What is this threaded part for?  (Read 576 times)

Offline Stewee64

• Tiger Cub
What is this threaded part for?
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:22:56 AM »
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me what the threaded part in the pic behind the gear selector is for?
I'm fitting some Givi engine crash bars and I need to thread the bottom part of the left side bar to this bit of bike. In order to do this I need to remove it so I want to know what it does before undoing it.

Triumph Tiger 800 XRT 2018 -Cobalt Blue

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
Re: What is this threaded part for?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »
I also fitted GIVI bars and went throught the same head scratching about that item,

On the opposite side of the bike , where the rear of the RHS bar(forked part) fits behind the bolt goes right through and is the threaded part on the LHS

To screw on the rear of the LHS to the threaded part behind the gear lever, it actually needs the nut/long bolt to be slackened off enough to slip the rear LHS forked part to be fitted while while someone offers the LHS threaded part up to the stud behind the gear lever and screw it up.

None of the instructions / pics show this and I struggle alone trying to fit the LHS rear while turning the bolt head on the RHS , talk about awkward.
Basically , fit the RHS first and then you'll see where the rear LHS goes / fits
Good luck, they are a good set of bars, well made and sturdy..

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:36:16 AM »

Offline Stewee64

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
Thanks Mcinlb, that's really helpful.
Triumph Tiger 800 XRT 2018 -Cobalt Blue

Recent Topics