Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Non-Triumph leds wont turn off.  (Read 231 times)

Offline Rogerthecat

• Tiger Cub
Non-Triumph leds wont turn off.
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
 Hi  all, I'm hoping someone out there can help me. Today I fitted a pair of 10w leds to my 2016 Tiger 800 Xrx with the official Triumph handlebar mounted on/off switch. Connected the switch wire to the loom as per instructions then wired lights into loom also as per inst., but find that when I push the button to turn them off, they stay on! If I disconnect the switch feed at the loom they still stay on until I turn off the ignition. They are obviously drawing power from somewhere else but do not know where. Any ideas anyone? All help much appreciated thanks.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Non-Triumph leds wont turn off.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
There's more to that Triumph switch than just a switch.
Perhaps there's some sort of bus going on with the OEMs that your generic ones don't have?

I'd just put them on a simple switch
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Rogerthecat

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »
Thanks Rtwo for the advice. What puzzles me though is where on earth they're drawing their power from when it's supposed to be controlled from the handlebar switch. Odd!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
Not really my field but it could simply be telling the relay to route power to the lights rather than it being the 'router'.
The relay could also be looking for a signal back from the lights in order to work (or in your case) not work?

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Rogerthecat

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
Thanks again. Obviously a bit more tinkering required.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch