Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best cleaner/protector  (Read 2073 times)

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Best cleaner/protector
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by walt [+]
Karcher do washers with adjustable pressure, but it would be nice to see a small bike specific one, only needs about 3-400 watts, 500 psi max and a nice small short lance to get underneath motor, I just like the way they get in all the nooks and crannies so well, I don't obsess or get ocd about a shiny bike but I like it basically clean.....and the easiest way possible to do it...

having recently given that muc-off cleaner a try for the first time on my traillie, I can recommend it, I'm usually a bit sceptical of new magical stuff but it worked.....for me.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Snooky

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »
If you want a great cleaner then can't go wrong with https://shinysauce.com/

Beats Muc-off by a mile and most other cleaners I have tried, the guy that created it valets bikes for a living so knows his stuff, PH neutral and can be used on any surface as long as cold, same as all other cleaners.
I also tried it on car alloys and is amazing, but on the bike it is perfect.

After drying the bike I use either XCP or ACF50 but via a spray gun so it mists onto the bike and finds it's way into the all the bits you can't get to with a normal spray or cloth

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Offline Monterey10

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 06:32:32 AM »
  I live in a dry climate.  I use the spray cleaners 100% of the time.  S100 is one of the better ones.

Offline africord

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
As someone coming from the sport-touring world, I've never seen this much focus on cleaning.  I'm assuming this is due to off-road riding, and not that the T800 is more susceptible to corrosion.  My normal solution is an occasional trip to a spray arm car wash, followed up with chain cleaning, and lubrication for my current vfr800.  Since I live in the land of farmers and ranchers, my seat gets an annual treatment with leather conditioner which I pick up at the local boot retailer.  I store my bike during winter in the far end of my garage, so the salt exposure is minimal.  (We have about 14 inches of snow on the ground, nobody is riding.)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch