Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Need non-OEM Internal TPMS Sensors  (Read 382 times)

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Need non-OEM Internal TPMS Sensors
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »
I've known for some time how to turn on/off the TPMS pressure readings on the instrument panel, but what I've not said before is that I also know how to pair new sensors and enable/disable them in the bike's ECU. As far as I know the only people who can do this at the moment are the dealers, however, I've been testing this feature with my current handheld TigerTool development (a project that's sadly been stalled for some time).
:038:

I've picked up genuine Triumph TPMS sensors online for various prices (as low as 90 for a new pair) but would like to know if anyone comes across non-OEM internal sensors that might fit Triumph wheel rims. I'd need to test some to see if they're compatible with the electronics used by Triumph (made by LDL) in the hope of finding a cheaper alternative for those who want to add integrated TPMS to their bikes, but at a more reasonable cost. I know some other bike manufacturers use similar sensors (not sure of exactly which manufacturers though), so that may also be an option if they're cheaper than Triumph.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Need non-OEM Internal TPMS Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
Are they 433MHz?

I may know a source for some but not right now as the guy is sick

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Need non-OEM Internal TPMS Sensors
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 02:20:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Are they 433MHz?
They're nominally 434MHz (and labelled as such) but I think some round down the 433.92MHz frequency to specify them as 433MHz.

The ones used by Triumph are made by LDL and according to the following FCC ID approvals they operate at 433.92MHz.
https://fccid.io/T4508102
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:32:10 PM by T800XC »

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch