Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mini compressor....or C02?  (Read 2617 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Phurtim

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 31
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
I have a mini manual pump (foot operated), the Bikers Dream it's called, review here:

https://overlandmag.com/features/a-mini-mechanical-footpump/

Works well, though of course it requires a bit of effort compared with an electric pump but not excessively so. It's small enough to carry round easily with the puncture kit, has little to go wrong and won't flatten your battery or refuse to work if your batt is already weak.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:14:11 AM by Phurtim »

Offline Eskeemo

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
  • Location: Northants
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 08:45:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

That looks tidy I like the cargo net idea can I ask where you got that from .

Offline Eskeemo

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
  • Location: Northants
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 08:47:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Phurtim [+]
I have a mini manual pump (foot operated), the Bikers Dream it's called, review here:

https://overlandmag.com/features/a-mini-mechanical-footpump/

Works well, though of course it requires a bit of effort compared with an electric pump but not excessively so. It's small enough to carry round easily with the puncture kit, has little to go wrong and won't flatten your battery or refuse to work if your batt is already weak.

Good choice , Im guessing that wouldnt fit under the seat .

Offline Stevie.P

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 2996
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
  • Location: Plymouth, UK
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eskeemo [+]
That looks tidy I like the cargo net idea can I ask where you got that from .

I bought 2 from this seller. I have the same one fitted in the bottom for when carrying just a few loose items or keeping my tablet secure when bluetoothed to my comms for music when radio reception poor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Givi-E168-CARGO-NET-Internal-elastic-carrying-for-GIVI-Trekker-Outback-OBKN42A-B/193288742813?epid=23021208832&hash=item2d00e8279d:g:bHQAAOSw4QtcSjz7&redirect=mobile

There are others at various prices.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Givi+E168+CARGO+NET+Internal+elastic+carrying+for+GIVI+Trekker+Outback+OBKN42A%2FB&_id=202575417879&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!


Offline AvgBear

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 2878
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
  • Location: Missouri USA
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 10:48:25 PM »
I carry CO2 & sticky worms -- but, if interested in a small compressor?
(then, here's another:)
https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-mini-compressor.html
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline Eskeemo

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
  • Location: Northants
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

Thanks Stevie , just ordered one 👍🏼

Offline Eskeemo

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
  • Location: Northants
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 11:40:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by AvgBear [+]
I carry CO2 & sticky worms -- but, if interested in a small compressor?
(then, here's another:)
https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-mini-compressor.html

That is small , would be ideal but a little more than I wanted to spend , think Im going to try the battery one and see how I get on , worth a punt for a tenner .

Offline Phurtim

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 31
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 10:07:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Eskeemo [+]
Good choice , Im guessing that wouldnt fit under the seat .

Probably not so would have to be in a pannier or top box etc. The storage bag that came with the pump is about 20x12x11cm and usefully, there is enough space in the bag to add my puncture kit.

If anyone else is interested, this mini footpump is German and here's their site: Select translate if needed:

https://www.bikersdream.de/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:11:04 AM by Phurtim »

Offline nobsta

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 284
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 08:00:40 PM »
I stripped an old Halfords one down that I had and removed all the casing. Its Tiny inside. Just remember keep your fingers clear when using it  :047: It looks almost identical to the Rocky Creek pump.
The AA seem to to a small one now. Looks like the one Sealey do. probably the smallest cased one I've seen.

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Sealey-Ms163-5054511116854-Micro-Air-Compressor-With-Worklight-12V?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqNPyBRCjARIsAKA-WFyqeu5Ie7719Nw3cJIyS8PC3p13rYLqjoAQi053WzAm5otY9N5T6ukaAlqeEALw_wcB


Online tcbandituk

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
  • Location: Reading
Re: Mini compressor....or C02?
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 08:06:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by nobsta [+]
I stripped an old Halfords one down that I had and removed all the casing. Its Tiny inside. Just remember keep your fingers clear when using it

Exactly what I use  :002:
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch