Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screen Buffering  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Dirtbag

• Tiger Member
  • Your motorcycle is more important.
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
Re: Screen Buffering
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Andy118 [+]
..So i've changed my screen from the stock to the Givi Airflow, the very same that served me well on my VStrom.  There is without doubt a huge improvement however i still find that i am getting buffered quite vigorously by airflow coming in between the screen and the mirrors.  Does anyone else suffer the same?
I tried to buy one screen and make the best with it until I saw other riders buy 2 or 3 and sell off what they don't like . I bought a madstad and did not like it , returned it . Bought the givi airflow ,but a lot if turbulence ,plus the top section would flex and wobble in the wind at high speed ,I thought the whole design was much inferior to the madstad. Sold it in eBay. Call madstad asked for a used returned screen and a bigger one , they sent me a 20 inch ,they said it might be to tall and it was so I redrilled the mount and lowered it . Now the 20 inch aircraft lexan works great .

Offline Andy118

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 10:48:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dirtbag [+]
You want to feel like your in a windless cocoon buy a big touring bike like a Rt or a car otherwise  MADSTAD I love mine .
If wind noise bothers your ears like mine foam ear plugs with silicone on top and a shoei neotec 2 (800+ usd)or sometimes I switch off with, bose noise cancelling earbuds with music ( music covers the noise some )  I love mine ( 220 usd)( not perfect they pop in wind sometimes) but I like mine.
I don't quite want to be windless but would prefer a lot less noise and buffeting.  I use foam ear plugs (SNR 39) at the moment otherwise hearprotek plugs; I have a Neotech2 with Sena on one side and Drift Ghost on t'other which is quite noisy.  However i'm currently using a borrowed Shoei XR110 without additions and that is equally noisy but i digress, i think the Madstad may be worth a look....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:50:13 AM by Andy118 »
Random quote with slightly humorous yet profound meaning.

Offline Rogue_Shadow

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »
Ive had a few rides in fairly gusty weather  recently & the buffeting is Insane !
50mph is fine, but open dual carriageways were unbearable.

I really dont like to looks of the Madstad screen, but I cant see any other way to reduce it. Im holding off fitting my Sat-Nav till I know what im going to do :(

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 01:16:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rogue_Shadow [+]
Ive had a few rides in fairly gusty weather  recently & the buffeting is Insane !
50mph is fine, but open dual carriageways were unbearable.

I really dont like to looks of the Madstad screen, but I cant see any other way to reduce it. Im holding off fitting my Sat-Nav till I know what im going to do :(

I have found the extent of the buffering is in relation to how close you are to other bikes, cars and vehicles in front. hang back a little and it is reduced hugely... :152:

Jmc

Offline Andy118

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
I do mate, minimum of 2 - 3 seconds in the dry.
Random quote with slightly humorous yet profound meaning.

Offline darylb

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
Fitted a Puig to my 2016 xrt, quite a difference to standard screen once I had got the position right, big bonus is that it actually looks better than the standard screen and enhances the bikes looks, (according to my better half).  :001:

Online petesear

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 10:44:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by darylb [+]
Fitted a Puig to my 2016 xrt, quite a difference to standard screen once I had got the position right, big bonus is that it actually looks better than the standard screen and enhances the bikes looks, (according to my better half).  :001:

Hear, hear..

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 11:24:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by darylb [+]

Agreed myself on a xca and 2 mates on xrt's all have fitted the Puig screens and love them way way better than the stock screen
Cheers Jim

Offline Rogue_Shadow

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2019, 12:54:52 AM »
This sounds really promising  :046:

Can you still mount a Sat Nav / TomTom Rider above the clocks with a Puig screen?
Thanks

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2019, 03:46:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rogue_Shadow [+]
This sounds really promising  :046:

Can you still mount a Sat Nav / TomTom Rider above the clocks with a Puig screen?
Thanks

Can't say for certain as I used the Triumph handle bar bracket that comes standard on the XCA and its works perfect for me, but can't see a reason why you can't mount the satnav above the clocks with the Puig screen, but I am sure someone will be along soon to confirm
 :031: Jim

Recent Topics

winded-staunch