Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine Bars - Worth the extra weight?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline laughing_mole

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCx
Re: Engine Bars - Worth the extra weight?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
Having had 2 stationary drops onto tarmac (parking) on my 2015 XCX, I can vouch for the value of having the std Triumph crash bars. No tank damage on either occasion - LH front indicator went on first one (I later fitted LED ones in a less crash-prone position). Second time the RH brake lever got broken when the Triumph hand guards faiiled to do their job.....Barkbusters at some time in the future I think!

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 07:59:14 PM »
Most write offs I've heard of, have been the result of bent frames, I blame those horribly cheap welded on Pillion peg hangers. The accountants should not have been let off their leads on the T800.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 11:00:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Most write offs I've heard of, have been the result of bent frames, I blame those horribly cheap welded on Pillion peg hangers. The accountants should not have been let off their leads on the T800.

I agree with the rear footrest hanger thing, has anyone done a modification to make them removable?
Cheers Jim

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 05:50:28 PM »
Extra weight.? How much are we talking about less than two kilos I guess, so I do not bother about the weight and I hope I'll never have to find out in real life whether they are useful
Live is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline xsrider

• Tiger Pro
  • Be seeing you.
  • Bike: 2014 Roadie ABS
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 05:25:25 AM »
Two years ago I was T-Boned by a Smart Car.  A direct impact on the left side.  My 2012 Roadie was a total loss, with a broken frame among other damages.  I had engine guards.  My left ankle was injured in the collision.  I had bone bruises in my ankle.
 However, the injury to my ankle could have been much worse, my ankle could have been crushed.  I attribute the engine guard to protecting my ankle when I was hit by the Smart Car and preventing my ankle from being crushed on impact. Engine guards protect more than just the engine.  I won't ride without engine guards.  They saved my ankle. 

Recent Topics

winded-staunch