Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service engine , ABS, and Traction Control Disabled warning lights ?  (Read 646 times)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Service engine , ABS, and Traction Control Disabled warning lights ?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:34 AM »
Hopefully you have found the fault. As it was, maybe reported in my thread, I initially thought mine must be the rear sensor due to loss of speedo and bought a S/H one off ebay and fitted it to no avail. However it came packaged with the 3 or 4 clips so I added those to the original set that secure the sensor wire to the brake hose ensuring it doesn't wander. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline RichardD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
I will post my results as soon as possible.

Offline RichardD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »
 :300:  Thank you Stevie.P  for helping me learn a lot about my motorcycle. Everything is working properly now !

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichardD [+]
:300:  Thank you Stevie.P  for helping me learn a lot about my motorcycle. Everything is working properly now !

It's just as much a learning curve for me particularly in electronic technology terms. Solving my issue helped understand a few of the Tigers circuits for any future similar issues. Glad you found the fault and fixed it, the dealer would have seen you off for diagnostic time, new sensor and fitting time $$$$$$$.  :005:

It doesn't need much to run Tigertool, maybe at some time a friend may mention upgrading their laptop and happily wipe out their old one and reload basic Windows and give it to you. Then download Tigertool for free, obtain a suitable lead and
have a powerful maintenance tool to hand, saving a fortune from the dealers prices.

I recently acquired a laptop, a few years old, reloaded it and gave it to my daughter which meant conveniently in exchange I now have the little 11" Acer we bought her in the USA while on vacation some years back. I bought a new battery pack cheap off ebay making it convenient for outside use, wiped it out, reloaded the Windows 7 and use it purely for vehicle related programs, Tigertool, Garmin Basecamp, VCDS (for my VW Golf), Elsawin (VW workshop manuals - Win 7 only) and car Nextbase Dashcam software.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch