Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service engine , ABS, and Traction Control Disabled warning lights ?  (Read 1689 times)

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Service engine , ABS, and Traction Control Disabled warning lights ?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:34 AM »
Hopefully you have found the fault. As it was, maybe reported in my thread, I initially thought mine must be the rear sensor due to loss of speedo and bought a S/H one off ebay and fitted it to no avail. However it came packaged with the 3 or 4 clips so I added those to the original set that secure the sensor wire to the brake hose ensuring it doesn't wander. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline RichardD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
I will post my results as soon as possible.

Offline RichardD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »
 :300:  Thank you Stevie.P  for helping me learn a lot about my motorcycle. Everything is working properly now !

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichardD [+]
:300:  Thank you Stevie.P  for helping me learn a lot about my motorcycle. Everything is working properly now !

It's just as much a learning curve for me particularly in electronic technology terms. Solving my issue helped understand a few of the Tigers circuits for any future similar issues. Glad you found the fault and fixed it, the dealer would have seen you off for diagnostic time, new sensor and fitting time $$$$$$$.  :005:

It doesn't need much to run Tigertool, maybe at some time a friend may mention upgrading their laptop and happily wipe out their old one and reload basic Windows and give it to you. Then download Tigertool for free, obtain a suitable lead and
have a powerful maintenance tool to hand, saving a fortune from the dealers prices.

I recently acquired a laptop, a few years old, reloaded it and gave it to my daughter which meant conveniently in exchange I now have the little 11" Acer we bought her in the USA while on vacation some years back. I bought a new battery pack cheap off ebay making it convenient for outside use, wiped it out, reloaded the Windows 7 and use it purely for vehicle related programs, Tigertool, Garmin Basecamp, VCDS (for my VW Golf), Elsawin (VW workshop manuals - Win 7 only) and car Nextbase Dashcam software.  :028:

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline RichieDsouza

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:10 AM »
Hello Folks,
I own a 2015 Triumph Tiger 800XR, I bought it used 3 months back and as of today it has 39,500kms on it.i use the bike to commute to work everyday all year around.

And as RichardD mentioned ABS, traction control and engine malfunction lights came on few days back and since then they have been coming on and off several times. Recently the speedo started going off whenever the lights came on. And whenever the lights were on I noticed that my headlights were extremely bright and when the lights go off they go normal.
      Had taken the bike to the service Centre and I was told that the rear speedo sensor had failed and they ordered one for me and they fixed it for me after a few days when it arrived. The total bill was 220.
When I was riding the bike back from service Centre the lights came on again. I took it back to the service Centre and this time they said that the the voltage on the bike is around 19v and the regulator rectifier has to be changed and they have ordered one for me. It has to arrive from UK which might take a week. Hopefully the problem  will be fixed then.
        My questions to you guys are(since Im very new to Ireland and Im not very sure about the way the things happen here)
1) is there any problem if I ride the bike with this problem till the time its fixed?
2) Since the bike is not very old will Triumph be able to send me a replacement part free of cost?
3) and if we have any Tiger 800 owners from Ireland, Munster or Cork will you be able to tell me a good mechanic who can work on my motorcycle?
4)and do U think the service Centre who I took the bike to totally misdiagnosed the problem and I wasted 220?

Any reply will be appreciated.
Best Regards,
Richard Dsouza

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 03:16:38 AM »
You wrote..."1) is there any problem if I ride the bike with this problem till the time its fixed?
2) Since the bike is not very old will Triumph be able to send me a replacement part free of cost?
3) and if we have any Tiger 800 owners from Ireland, Munster or Cork will you be able to tell me a good mechanic who can work on my motorcycle?
4)and do U think the service Centre who I took the bike to totally misdiagnosed the problem and I wasted 220?""

1) DO NOT RIDE the bike until you replace the rec/reg unit. !!!
19v can kill your ECU and other sensors.
2) No, out of warranty.
3)?
4) Yes, they f#%#ed big time. They should have found the faulty rec/reg before it did more damage,  because you already had the fault when you went in. Probably nothing wrong with your old speed sensor. Mis-diagnosis. Even so 220 is a rip-off. Definitely find another dealer.!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:18:42 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline skidmark66

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 07:08:20 AM »
As above bang out of order and should know what he is doing. I would take it up with said service centre and also you could try informing Triumph if the said service centre is a recognised Triumph centre.
Really annoys me this does when its such an easy find and fix.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
Firstly Hi and :401:

!. You will probably destroy your battery and possibly even more expensive items?  :151:
2. As said . no, 2yr warranty is well expired. New R/R from Triumph 220+, easy to fit and save money if confident with DIY.  :110:
3. ?  :027:
4. I made the same conclusion initially . but I'm not a 'service centre' where I would expect a sound diagnostic knowledge and fault finding process.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,24031.0.html

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?topic=22590.10

Offline RichieDsouza

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 11:55:45 PM »
Thank you all for your reply. I received a call from the dealer today and they have booked my bike to fix the issue on next Tuesday. Im definitely not gonna pay them a full amount because they told me initially  that it was ok to ride the bike with the speedo sensor not working and I did more than 200 kms when I was waiting for the part. And now I realize that I would have destroyed the electronics on my motorcycle because of those fools. Oh God... I cant believe that these people can be so incompetent. Im definitely gonna create a big fuss about this.
Thank you all for taking time and replying.
You people are amazing.
God bless u all.
I shall update the results on Tuesday.
Best Regards,
Richie

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 12:12:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichieDsouza [+]
  they told me initially  that it was ok to ride the bike with the speedo sensor not working and I did more than 200 kms ...

:005: . no speedo ok, they'll be telling you next that bald tyres are legal on 2 wheelers. :138:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch