Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat height adjustment  (Read 691 times)

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrt
Seat height adjustment
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:15:11 PM »
I have a Tiger 800 XRT that a good friend will be borrowing for a month as he is without his bike which is essential transport.I have added him to my insurance which is surprisingly quite cheap. However, I need to lower the seat and the manual says that the seat should be equally set front and rear. It needs to be set on its lowest setting but as much as I've tried I can not refit the seat when both front and rear are set to low as I cant get the front to fit in, only the rear
Has anyone else had this problem? I can lower it by setting the front high and the rear low which looks fine but does not conform to the manual instructions.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Seat height adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 03:28:30 AM »
No issues at all with lowering the seats on either of the Tigers I have owned.

Edit.
I have just foot back from a ride so I went out and tried lowering the seat. No problems with having both adjustable bars on the low setting. Is the plastic cover over the ABS pump at the back of the tank fitted correctly? That or something sitting on top of the battery are the only things I can see that would foul the fitting bar. The cover over the ABS pump has a lip that the front seat bar locates into.
Maybe as you are sliding the seat into position put a little downward pressure on the front part.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:35:44 AM by K1W1 »

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
I have my XC on the lowest setting, but it isnt a first time job, you need to hold the fronf down to locate in the lugs  keeping tne rear out of their slots till all are in line.  Even then the front "wings" of the seat dont fit snug to the tank as in the higher position.  Interestingly, I cant get mine in on the low rear high front set up. .....if its secure and comfortable for him why not go with that?

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »
So decided to have a good look today and strip some of the plastics off to get the seat down but still not possible. I had a look at the cover and it seems to be fitted correctly and I think the problem is the battery. It seams to be a pivot point when both front and rear adjusters are set to low. Took the battery out to see if by any chance it was sitting on something but again all looks fine so I have resigned to having the seat set to low front and high rear.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:45 PM »
Is it the original battery? Sounds like it might be one that is too tall.

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »
It's a 2017 XRT  so I can't imagine that the battery has been changed but will have a look. Do you know what the stock battery should be.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »
Mine is a 2017 XRT and the seat is always on the low setting and clips in both ends. - It's a bit of a pain tp put it back in when I do remove it but with a little effort it slots in OK.
Have to be careful where the heated seat plugs end up but thats about all

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shergar [+]
Have to be careful where the heated seat plugs end up but thats about all

I had forgotten about the heated seat. Maybe the seat pan of the heated seat is a different shape to the non heated one.

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
sorry yes its a heated seat but i was mindful of the plugs being pushed right down out of the way. I think its a battery issue that I need to look in to.

Recent Topics