Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2018 XC Windshield - Givi vs. Puig?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline lewalt

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
2018 XC Windshield - Givi vs. Puig?
« on: February 11, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

I know you will say "get Madstad", but I don't want to spend 300USD. I need something cheaper and I found two:

Givi:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/GIVI-D6413ST-Specific-Windshield-Clear-for-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-XR-2018/11019917799

Puig:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-touring-screen-triumph-tiger-800-2018

Any ideas which one should I get, which one is better? Givi is 3.5cm higher, Puig looks better and I don't know why but convinces me more. Both seem to have different shape. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Offline Tenequip

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
Re: 2018 XC Windshield - Givi vs. Puig?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »
I have the Puig tinted. I really havent used it much yet, but the few things Ive noticed are it is better than the original, wont get the tinted one again ( more difficult to see up close on dirt roads), still a lot of wind on shoulders @ highway speed, and windshield slant is adjustable. Couldnt tell if Givi has slant adjustment or not. Havent played with the slant adjustment yet, but hope to have highway & off-road settings. I may be a little spoiled on the wind I expected, because I also have Triumph Trophy, the wind  on the two is like night & day.

Offline lewalt

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:11:06 AM »
What do you mean by adjustable slant? I am trying to figure it out based on photos and specs from manufacturer's website but can't see it. Aerodynamic test/specs of this Puig windscreen looks great, it that is true...

Offline Tenequip

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 12:54:53 PM »
The adjustable slant is the windshield pivots about its base back & forth parallel to the bike. This allows an adjustment from vertical to about 15 or 20 degrees leaning back toward the rider. The wind is much better than the original, but not near as good as my Trophy.

Offline Johnjo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 xrt
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 05:42:59 PM »
Another option to consider lewalt is the givi airflow. It's adjustable so you aren't fixed in having a barn door up front.

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »
The topicstarter is asking an opinion about 2 different windscreens for the 2018 model... The only adjustment of the screen is up and down and there is no Givi airflow screen for the 2018 model...

Offline lewalt

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:12:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

Let me sumarize my experience with above windscreens - both are crap :)

Givi - greatly reduces buffeting and wind noise and protects body agains wind. So it's great, but it's huge and you cannot look above the screen with givi (I am 176cm). Also top of the screen is bent and picture is highly distorted - after riding with it for about 30 minutes I was tired from distorted vision.

Puig - looks great but is not much better than original one. It is shaped in that way (this cut on both sides) that you constantly feel wind/air on arms and chest. Also even though it's higher than original one buffeting is the same as with the original one. Above 110km/h head is shaking like hell :/ The only way for it to work is to add deflector to the screen what makes it even higher and when you ride more than 140km/h motorcycle becomes unstable because of this huge sail at the front of the motorbike.

I can't recommend any of above, unfortunately.

Now I think I will try madstad... but buying it in Poland makes you have to pay a lot (price + vat + customs). Or I will try experimenting with original screen + deflector.

Cheers!

Offline petesear

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 02:34:43 PM »
It is a very subjective topic but for me the Puig works a treat and looks good, I found both Triumph screens were shite.

Now I can ride with an open visor at 70mph should I feel the need...

I guess you pays your money and takes a chance. Or find someone with the screens on their Tigers and have a spin.

Enjoy

Offline lewalt

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 06:59:32 AM »
@petesear, can you ride 90mph without your head shaking like hell?

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 07:51:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by petesear [+]
It is a very subjective topic but for me the Puig works a treat and looks good, I found both Triumph screens were shite.

Now I can ride with an open visor at 70mph should I feel the need...

I guess you pays your money and takes a chance. Or find someone with the screens on their Tigers and have a spin.

Enjoy

I have the PUIG screen on my 2017 XCA works a treat for me and looks good too as said above both triumph screens are terrible , and yes you can ride at 90 mph with no problem at all.
Cheers Jim
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:52:47 AM by Bikerjimbob »

Recent Topics