Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?  (Read 976 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline buddy13

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
  • Location: Malta - EU
Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« on: February 12, 2019, 04:41:13 PM »
I am looking at increasing storage space on my 2015 XCx, hoepfully wihtout increasing too much weight & bulk! I am hence looking at a pair of soft panniers  :152:.

I need them to look well finsihed and miantain their shape, hence must come with a rigid back. They need to be Water resistant and are easy to get on & off the bike. I am looking closely at:

- Kriega OS-32 x 2
- Kriega OS-32 or OS-22 (exhaust side)
- Givi GRT709 (35L per side)

I like Mosko moto also, but are not easily found in EU.

What racks are best for my bike? I dont need them to be very strong, I prefer them to be light in weight. I will not jump the bike or put it into serious off road scenarios, just gravel/dirt road with some ruts, mud etc.

Other options/advice? What have you?  :031:





Offline AvgBear

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 2759
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
  • Location: Missouri USA
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by buddy13 [+]
I am looking at increasing storage space on my 2015 XCx, I am hence looking at a pair of soft panniers
Other options/advice? What have you?
Have a look-see here:

https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product-category/pannier-systems/
"Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind.
The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."
Robert M. Pirsig

Offline K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 3909
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 09:20:42 PM »
I like SW Motech racks. Nice and strong and they have the quick release feature if you want to remove them during day to day use.
For panniers the Enduristan Monsoon3 bags are 30lites each and can be fitted without racks. They take a huge amount if abuse and keep coming back for more.
I also gave some Giant Loop Mototrek panniers That Mount directly to the racks and dont grave the strap across the seat. At 21 liters each they are great for day or overnight type trips.

Offline buddy13

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
  • Location: Malta - EU
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by AvgBear [+]

Love Giant Loop...though again, might be difficult to source in EU.

Do the Mototrek Panniers also require racks? They seem a bit 'flimsy' (for lack of a better term), as in, they dont hold their shape when empty.

Offline buddy13

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
  • Location: Malta - EU
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:48:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I like SW Motech racks. Nice and strong and they have the quick release feature if you want to remove them during day to day use.
For panniers the Enduristan Monsoon3 bags are 30lites each and can be fitted without racks. They take a huge amount if abuse and keep coming back for more.
I also gave some Giant Loop Mototrek panniers That Mount directly to the racks and dont grave the strap across the seat. At 21 liters each they are great for day or overnight type trips.

I love the look of the Enduristans. Also they seem to be very 'Technical'.

One issue though....they seem to be difficult to get on/off the bike. I want them to be quite quick and easy to undo and take with you inside, say to also use them as a gym bag.

Online Bikerjimbob

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
  • Location: NSW Australia
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:08:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by buddy13 [+]
I love the look of the Enduristans. Also they seem to be very 'Technical'.

One issue though....they seem to be difficult to get on/off the bike. I want them to be quite quick and easy to undo and take with you inside, say to also use them as a gym bag.

Sounds like you are talking yourself into the Mosko Moto gear and I don't blame you it's amazing gear.
Cheers Jim

Offline Hobbes-II

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
  • Location: Berwick, UK
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »
Have a look at lomo.co.uk. Their main interest is drysuits and luggage for watersports, but they also make a few motorcycle bags. Pair of 30-litre PVC tarpaulin throwover soft panniers, waterproof, for 50.

Offline AvgBear

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 2759
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
  • Location: Missouri USA
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by buddy13 [+]
Love Giant Loop...though again, might be difficult to source in EU.
https://www.giantloopmoto.com/dealers/
"Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind.
The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."
Robert M. Pirsig

Offline buddy13

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
  • Location: Malta - EU
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 10:40:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hobbes-II [+]
Have a look at lomo.co.uk. Their main interest is drysuits and luggage for watersports, but they also make a few motorcycle bags. Pair of 30-litre PVC tarpaulin throwover soft panniers, waterproof, for 50.

Wow real bargain Seen their youtube review and seem really decent.

I am not sure whther they can fit racks and if they are straight forward to get on & off?


Offline Phones

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
  • Old age don't stop you riding it just hurts
  • Bike: Black 800xc
  • Location: Hadlow
Re: Soft Panniers for a 2015 XCX?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »
Hepco & Becker C-bow  bags and Frames and a 30 litre Lomo bag is what I use.

www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/products/c-bow-street

www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/?show

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch