Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Registering UK Tiger in France  (Read 434 times)

Offline CazoulsTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
Registering UK Tiger in France
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »
I know this topic has come up before but that was a few years ago before V5C. Been online to ANTS, the French Govt site, and they have accepted all the relevant docs to transfer my 2017 800XCx except they keep saying there is an error in box K.  This is the European Type Approval number.  I have contacted Triumph UK who sent me a Certificate of Conformity and Triumph France who sent me their French version.  The numbers all match but still I'm told the error is blocking the transfer.
Anyone else had issues of this type as I can't seem to find out exactly what the error is in detail and seem to be just going around in frustrating circles.  My local agent in Montpellier was helpful by completing the form which confirms the bike conforms to all French regs and is legal over here and at no charge!
Been trying since last October (excluding the wait to get the payment of VAT in the UK confirmed)  HELP whilst I still have hair left!! :183: :183: :183:
A Triumph at 16 now a Triumph at 65!

Offline pme

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrx lrh 2018
Re: Registering UK Tiger in France
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
i managed to get this done last july, used a local garage to do the paperwork as ants would not let me in to do very much, see attached images if the type approval cert provided by suzuki uk and the provisional carte gris, shows the format that was entered and the format on the carte gris, might help!

Offline CazoulsTiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 04:20:40 PM »
Thanks for that.  There are differences to mine but all of mine look the same from all sources.  Think I'll give in and go to a Carte Grise agent with all the docs and see if he makes more sense than ANTS.  Triumph France did send me their attestation but it had a typo in the first one.  They corrected it in a resend and I forwarded that to ANTS but I wonder if they keep putting the old one in rather than the amended corrected one.  Who knows?? :084:

Offline pme

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrx lrh 2018
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
if you have been here long enough you know the answer to your final question..................................................................

You have to just try and laugh about how the most productive nation in the EU (ha bloody ha) do their bureaucracy duty

Offline CazoulsTiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
Tell me about it.  Bought a house here in 2002 and moved in permanently April last year so now resident. Applications for health, residency, vehicle... Logic and software nead addressing.  I'll never moan about DVLA and online services again!

Offline CazoulsTiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »
 :046: :046: All sorted.  Got my Certificat d'Immetriculation and AXA bike insurance.  Just need to get the French plate made up and buy a French approved disc lock and I'm legal again! Thinks - Is it now a Tigre 800?? :020:  Mind you, after the end of March, probably won't be able to ride it back in the UK!! (And don't mention UK driving licences.  Apparently the French have stopped taking applications to exchange until somebody somewhere makes up their mind)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch