Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wanted: Metal luggage system, Crash Bars, Upgraded Handguards & Adventure Gear  (Read 584 times)

Offline Apollo7

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
Hey guys! Just picked up 2011 800xc with next to no miles on it (literally like new bike) and looking to prep it up for some proper touring on and off-road.

I'm after:
- metal luggage box (something that can be thrown from a cliff and will survive haha)
- upper crash bars etc., recommendations welcomed here
- better hand guards (preferably with aluminium or such, again something that will survive if the bike gets dropped offroad)

What other upgrades would you recommend and what other stuff do you have for sale that could be useful on long touring trips?

Thanks! :-)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Hi and :401:

1. Possibly more limited in the aluminium choice of topbox. Not sure of fitment for early Tiger for current Triumph/Givi box?.
2. Again not a lot of choice for separate upper bars (or tiger bars in general).
3. Probably best look at Barkbusters.

For 1 & 2 hopefully someone with something suitable will respond.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Tiddy800

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800XRT
I have the side Expedition Panniers and fitting frames for sale if interested

Offline Eeyore

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Blue Tiger ABS
I have an Ardcases metal topbox (40ltr) with included carry bag, totally waterproof. Also have mounting plate - mine was on a 2013 road Tiger. Probably looking about 45 but unsure of postage costs (based in N.Ireland - weighs approx 6kg with plate). Will post pics if interested

Offline deefer45

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
I have a set of barkbusters storm if your interested? They have an aluminium frame with plastic handguards, like the ones in this article

https://www.webbikeworld.com/barkbusters-storm-hand-guards-review/

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
If you want boxes that can take tumbles, best go for the old Givi E36/E45's tougher than any metal box. They'll save your bike anorl.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics